Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Questions about Led and COD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Moi View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Moi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Questions about Led and COD
    Posted: 22 February 2017 at 19:05
Hello everybody!!

I am curently use HPS 600w in my setup !

My question is: are actualités led systems any good?

I came back Last days from my growshop and they sell some led panels , thé owner says it s now possible to get more than 1g/m2.... is it only commercial arguments or?

I searched for some weeks on thé Web and found that is better to not buy those from china or US ! Some looks to be good but I dont know

Sorry for asKing and for my poor english but if any of you can help that would be vers very nice !

Provence View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Provence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 23:31
Yes today's LEDS work very very well. You just have to be careful about plants height.
The light penetration is shorter than with a HID (HPS/MH).
With a 600w LED, you can cover around 1m2 and the depth between the canopy and the pot shouldn't be more than 60-70cm. So to make it clear : you either need to bend, tie or prune the plants. Or you need the SOG method with plants not growing further than 70cm.
LEDs also don't generate much heat, so plants will not need as much waterings as they would with an HPS.
This system is perfect during hot summers.
Provence View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Provence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2017 at 11:09
Another thing : no need to buy super expensive LED lights from growshops that surf on the trend. I personnaly bought 2 LEDs 600 from Amazon for around 300€ piece (versus 900€)
and I'm very satisfied with them. I can give you the reference If you're interested
 Post Reply Post Reply