Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

problem with leaves

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
organic3 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote organic3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: problem with leaves
    Posted: 07 March 2017 at 19:21
hi all I'm after some advice most of the larger leaves are going brown and dry on the edges of the leaves I use rain water and advanced nutrients big bud at the mo and advanced nutrients connoisseur bloom I haven't had this problem before I'm not sure how to load up a few pics of the leaves.
thanks all for your help
Provence View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Provence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 18:47
Hi organic3

Brown and dry leaves = overwatering

Get yourself this kind one device (Moisture meter for plants)
Etekcity%20Indoor/Outdoor%20Soil%20Moisture%20Sensor%20Meter,%20Plant%20Care%20Hygrometer%20%28Green%29
Use the same size of pots for all plants and strictly give the same amount of water to each plant the same day. Poke a few holes on a plastic bottle lid and squeeze the bottle to water slowly and evenly.
And then you should be good ok
If you have other questions don't hesitate to ask. We're here for that ok
%3coint
Prov
organic3 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote organic3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 20:48
hi thanks for the advice I use a autopot system soil mix but I put clay pebbles in the bottom 2 inches deep ive used this system for a few years but never had this problem, ill buy one of them tomorrow and check the pots out
Provence View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Provence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 22:20
Normally, the autopot system should work just fine when plants are well established (30cm and more). I never tried the system but it's ingenious and comes hand.

Anyway, yes try to take pictures of the problem and upload them.
But when larger, older leaves become yellow, brown and dry/crumbly usually it's a problem of water management.

What strains are you growing ?

Prov
Provence View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Provence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 23:03
Oh yeah the problem with clay pebbles at the bottom is that because of the air pockets the valves are always working.......
I think Autopot recommends 50% coco coir 50% perlite
 Post Reply Post Reply