Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Can you recommend a weed closet ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rom1ru2 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote rom1ru2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2017 at 09:10
Hi Prov,

I choose the easiest solution.

I will go for autos indoor because they are easier to grow. I grow regular (feminized) outdoor at the moment but mother nature is doing everything, easy ! And next week I'm going to sow a few autos out there too so I can have a little smoke this summer, but again I will let mother nature do everything. Mid to end of April its the good time for those (i live close to the 35th parallel). Actually the 23rd and the 30th of April this year are perfect days to sow flowers according to moon calendar. Now regular indoor demand a bit more work right ?

Beside this a huge yield is not what I am looking for here, the one and only goal for my gardening job is for me to stay as far as possible from black market and all the sh*t that goes with it.

I am looking into hydroponics because soil is, again, more work :) Clay balls look like the easiest medium once your plants have germinated in rock wool cubes. It's light, reusable and clean, so sounds perfect to avoid a lot of mess like bringing in soil and changing it, etc...

Happy easter!
Provence View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Provence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2017 at 21:42
Hello rom1

I wish you the best for your indoor and outdoor crop.
I believe with all the money you invested in this super stealth closet, you'll come back to photoperiod strains very soon but one needs to learn and practice to move forward.

Keep us updated ok ?
See you

Prov
rom1ru2 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote rom1ru2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2017 at 23:12
Hey Prov,

Thanks for your help and advice. You have me thinking now...

My main concern in growing photoperiods in a closet is to change light time too late and end up with plants pushing up the ceiling ! My first grow a couple years ago was an indica strain (purple bud) in a green house , those plants were suppose to be small but by the end of summer they had reach the ceiling.

So I guess you are growing photoperiods indoor right ? What will you say is the most difficult part ? And what is the most important thing to do/know ?

Rom1
rom1ru2 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote rom1ru2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2017 at 23:44
Also, closet (bonanza) inside height is around 1,70m, add and EB and Flow table you are left with 1,30m. I take off 30cm for the light at the top to round it up at 1m of usable height for the plant itself. Do you reckon it's enough to grow decent photoperiods ?
organicgrow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 12:43
Actually, Normal plants are much better suited to grows where height is a constraint. This is because you can train them however you like, whereas autos should be left undisturbed.

Google the Screen of Green (ScrOG) technique. Using this method, you can basically have a very even canopy at the height of your choice.

There isn't much of a difference between growing normal plants as opposed to autos. If anything, autos are more difficult to get right in my opinion, at least in certain aspects.
Cheers
"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender
rom1ru2 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote rom1ru2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 18:08
Hey Organic,
Thanks for your help.
I had a look at ScrOG. So does your answer means "yes 1m is a bit short" ? And I will have to use a restraining technic. Bare in mind I forget the pot itself in my calculation so it's more like 80cm of usable height actually.
Now i'm thinking I could use another hydroponics system than an Eb & Flow table and save 30cm to reach 1,10m of usable height. Like those Alien system with foldable tanks. Or Gtools sell an height extension for the bonanza for 100€ that gives an extra 56cm.
Nothing is bought yet so I can still change option.
Provence View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Provence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 20:38
Hello Rom1

Let's say that you have 170cm up to roof closet. You remove 25-30cm for the lamp, you're left with 140cm, then the EBB system, you're down to 110cm. Then you must give 60cm between the lamp and the canopy. So you have 50cm for your plants.
That's perfect.
Use photoperiod strains like Northern Lights, Power Plants, and Blue Berries.
You'll need between 30x30 and 45x45cm per plant.
Let them grow until they're around 20cm tall, then start pinching the tops.
Plants will stop growing upward and will start to get bushy.
Pinch them 2-3 times a week. Pinch them hard, don't worry.
With a bit of string you can tie them and bend them so that you favour the lateral branches.

When they're around 40cm tall, switch to 12/12.
Keep them tied up and pinch them hard every 2 days for the first 2 weeks.
After 15-20 days 12/12, remove all the un-necessary branches
and on the longer branches remove all the buds that don't see the light and keep the ones that reach the canopy
Your plants will have a final height of around 60-65cm max, and around 40cm between the bulb and the canopy, that's very good.

Each plant will give you 35-50 grams.
You'll be very happy with your crop

Organicgrow is right, autos are a pain in the ass. They're harder to grow correctly, you have no room for mistakes, specially during the vegetative phase.

Prov
organicgrow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 21:12
Originally posted by rom1ru2

Hey Organic,
Thanks for your help.
I had a look at ScrOG. So does your answer means "yes 1m is a bit short" ? And I will have to use a restraining technic. Bare in mind I forget the pot itself in my calculation so it's more like 80cm of usable height actually.
Now i'm thinking I could use another hydroponics system than an Eb & Flow table and save 30cm to reach 1,10m of usable height. Like those Alien system with foldable tanks. Or Gtools sell an height extension for the bonanza for 100€ that gives an extra 56cm.
Nothing is bought yet so I can still change option.

Hey

80-110 cm of available height is fine for a grow, but you definitely need to apply some form of training. I suggested SCrOG since it's the easiest to get right for beginners, and has a number of other benefits in addition to height control.

I would actually say that regardless of how much height you have available, it's always a good idea to train your plants when growing indoors. An important reason to do so is to maximize your gram/watt efficiency by creating an even canopy at the optimal distance from the light. This ensures that you get the most out of your light.

A more advanced/efficient technique (especially when it comes to height control) would be the Sea of Green (SOG) method, but you would need clones for that. So maybe some time in the future you can experiment with this too.

Regarding hydroponics: Ebb and Flow is a good, efficient system; no arguments there. However, it is considered a 'pure hydroponic' setup; so it's somewhat unforgiving of mistakes, meaning you will have a short reaction window if something goes wrong.

A good compromise between soil and hydro would be 'soilless' culture. You might wanna look into that as well. The best soilless substrate available would be Coco in my opinion. It's as efficient as hydro, but much more forgiving, and with a longer reaction window if things go wrong. It does involve a bit of manual labor though, but well worth it in my opinion.

Cheers

"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender
Provence View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Provence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 22:00
Organic said it all ahaha.

But let's not complicate things too much.
If you like those alien system, they indeed look really nice, be sure to use a reservoir chiller and set it to 20° celcius.
Otherwise your solution will never be stable, it'll start to foam and pH EC checkings will give you headaches.
With a chiller you'll be fine.
rom1ru2 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote rom1ru2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 08:49
Thank you both for the time spend to help me. I really appreciate it.

Well you did a very good job and as usual it seems that nothing comes with nothing ! So photoperiods and a bit of care and work that's what I will go for. And as Prov said, I will learn with my mistakes and move forward. I'll stick with the Eb & Flow table too.

I'll keep you posted.

Have a good week guys, see you later

Rom1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>