Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Welcome to the Sensi Seeds forums
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Hi folks.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Strummer76 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Strummer76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 17:54
Thanks for your good advice Prov. As it's a first grow it's a steep learning curve. I'm sure I'll have more questions. Just hope they flower soon lol
Provence View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Provence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 17:59
Hi again Strummer :)

Your plants are healthy indeed. They will flower and judging by their size you should end up with nice big jars :)

-You must give them more nitrogen and more phosphorus, otherwise they'll yellow rapidly in bloom. Do it now, before they enter the bloom phase.
-Your climate is either too dry or too hot, leaves should be flat. Not a big deal.
Plants deal better with hot temperatures if you can maintain a higher humidity.
Hot temperatures give spindly plants, longer internodes and airy buds : plants need to cool down so they make airy buds. Temperatures in bloom phase shouldn't ever be above 82° F (28°C), preferably 78°F.
Ideally, at this stage, humidity should be around 50-65%.
If you can't lower the temperatures, then try to raise the humidity somewhat.
Hanging a wet towel in the tent should do the trick.

Indoor growing is more difficult during summer time.
For a first grow, you're doing a good job! %3cig%20smile %3cig%20smile
Keep it up

Prov

Prov
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Strummer76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 18:14
Once again sound advice mate and cheers for the comments re state of plants. I'm using Formulex while they're vegging and have Plagron terra bloom for flowering. Do you recommend any other nutes?

I have been struggling with humidity levels and will give the wet towel a go.

Once again I appreciate you taking the time to help a novice and am encouraged about the jar quantities you predict lol
Provence View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Provence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 18:20
Formulex is a good brand, very popular here in Europe.
Same for Plagron.
%3cmile
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2017 at 07:15
Originally posted by Strummer76

Here are some pics of my auto WW Day 26 since germination. I'd be interested in any comments/advice as to their condition. They have a lot of leaves which must be shading parts of the plant. Do people think I should trim some of the fan leaves?

Cheers.

Looking great S76.
Personally i never remove the shade leaves on auto's or photo sensitive plants, they are the power stations of the plant producing a large percentage of the plants energy. If you are worried about the lower bud sites receiving enough light you can remove some during the final weeks of flowering, or you could pinch off the lower bud sites letting the plant concentrate on the top buds closer to the light..

Alternatively you could cut the leaves down by a 1/3-1/2(across the fingers of the leaf) this will let more light in while keeping the plant supplied with energy. Another method which i use sometimes due to laziness is a two step harvest, ie: harvest the top ripest buds and leave the lower sites to ripen for a week or two more..

From the look of your pictures you are in for a treat, i have never grown auto widow but most auto have a little stretch during flower this may open up your plants too.

FYI, photo-sensitive plants grown from seed will not flower until they have reached sexual maturity this is around the four to eight week mark, the 12/12 from the beginning method described by Provence earlier in this thread is best done using cuttings as each cutting is already sexually mature having been cut from older plant(s). Also when growing long flowering sativa strains the cutting method is a great way to cut down the height gain that sativas are known for..

Hope this helps
Peace
Peace
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2017 at 13:17
From what can be seen under the HPS, the plants look very nice... obviously can't comment on colour because of the lighting. I never remove leaves from autoflowering plants and rarely from photo period sensitive plants (unless they are under a scrog net)... the lower buds never develop as much as the ones on top, regardless of whether they are lit or shaded.

When it comes to humidity, well the rh around here drops to single digit figures during the summer here and I have never had a problem. The only times I worry over low humidity is when I have cuttings or seedlings.

All the best for the flowering.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Strummer76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2017 at 14:52
Cheers SH and SL, very useful and encouraging comments. I am concerned that the amount of leaves maybe blocking light but I will leave them as I want to keep it simple. After I did some LST I thought I had damaged the plant lol so I will let nature take its course and hopefully they will flower soon.

Cheers Guys.
castlecity View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote castlecity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2017 at 17:13
 i might you easy you abit about the leafs i thougt exactly the same 1 year ago but today i only remove if its realeases by it self mostly at ending of flowring. so dont bother the leafs so much focus on the other parts instead :) i can add that mine 3 from a year ago was much worse shape and the did produce 25g/each dry good once and yours look way better.

best regards,
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Strummer76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2017 at 17:23
Originally posted by castlecity

i might you easy you abit about the leafs i thougt exactly the same 1 year ago but today i only remove if its realeases by it self mostly at ending of flowring. so dont bother the leafs so much focus on the other parts instead :) i can add that mine 3 from a year ago was much worse shape and the did produce 25g/each dry good once and yours look way better.best regards,

Cheers, I'll leave the leaves alone, as it's my first grow I'm not overly bothered about the quantity the 3 girls produce as long as they actually flower and give me something lol.

Following other sound advice from members of this forum I'm gonna give them up to 6 weeks from germination before I start stressing.

Provence View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Provence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2017 at 02:23
Hello Strummer

what's up ?

%3cmile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>