Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

cloning light

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
castlecity View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote castlecity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cloning light
    Posted: 02 August 2017 at 10:00
Gday to you all. I have a little problem with taking up cloning as hobby, i do not know what light i should use. I been trying to take some from tops of my regluar plants but my guesses are they have been too small or been cutting wrong. Or maybe its just that they dont like the 250 w dual spectre light. i suspect i have had my cubes a bit to wet aswell.

But now i wanna make this for real, i do however not sure what light i should use iam thinking something about 20 w 3000lm 6500-9500k.

any light advice would be super the rest i kind of have a grasp off just dont had the time yet to do it proper.

best regards
organicgrow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2017 at 00:15
Hello CC,

I think 250w is way too intense for cuttings. If your clones didn't take, chances are it was because of that.

A small CFL bulb of 20 watts or even less would be more than adequate. As for light temperature, 6500k would be a reliable choice.

Cheers
OG
"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender
castlecity View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote castlecity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2017 at 14:04
thanks for advice organicgrow now i only need a cool closet that melts into the room :)

best regards.
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2017 at 05:27
Hi castlecity! As OG has said, you don't need a huge amount of light to get cuttings to strike roots... that said, if you want to clone and then grow the plants on a bit, a stronger light would be a good investment. I've cloned under 23 CFL (6500K), 20W t4 fluorescent tubes (5000K), 80W CFL (6500K) and 400W HPS (Son-T-Agro) which I also use for veg and flowering and also outside under the sun, during the later part of the spring.

They all worked. It's just a matter of working out what you want to do in the cupboard... if it's just cloning before going into a veg area, the smallest of lights are necessary. if you wanted to veg in the same cupboard, I would go for something like the Philips 80W CFL.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
 Post Reply Post Reply