Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

HPS switched on for few sec. during nightcycle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tepelstreel View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Tepelstreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HPS switched on for few sec. during nightcycle
    Posted: 05 June 2006 at 07:01
Crap...yesterday i was rearranging my growroom with a friend, and I told him to unplug the HPS but he unplugged the ventilation...and so by accident the HPS was switched on for about 10 seconds about 3 hours after the plants went into nightcycle.

Are they gonna start growing on me again? Actually I was rearranging them cuz they'e getting to tall as it is.
When i started flowering the plants wereabout 40cm tall...now i'm 4 week in flowering and the plants about are 1m40 high.....and i still have at least 2 - 3 weeks to go.

That estimation for indicas growing twice as tall as their vegged length seems way off with my plants.

The pot is 40cm high, so my plants are about as close to the HPS as they can get without burning i think....what should i do?
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind":B.M.
jakey View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote jakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 13:37
hi tepelstreel.10 seconds should not revert them..but try not do it again lol.as for height no they should have stopped vertical growth by now..also you can tie the top bud/stem down with string or something similar if it is a major concern Smile
Sticky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Sticky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 23:21
Yeah i agree

It shouldnt Have a major affect  Tepelstreel, Dont worry man

Tie those indicas down, just be careful, Pull them over slowly allowing a couple of days for the plants to adjust to the stress of them being bent over

Possibly try some piss bud flowering exellerator made by jakey LOL
Tepelstreel I am  talking about the cheese post, Check it out ?

Sticky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Sticky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 23:24
Sorry

make that whats going on with my plants post, not cheese post

Tepelstreel View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Tepelstreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 10:04
Tnx dudes....I was really getting worried...i read somewhere that a splitsecond of strong enough light could revert the plants.

I'm about to tie the tallest plants down. When I bend them, do I have to make sure the main cola gets most light? Or can I bend it out of the light?

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind":B.M.
Sticky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Sticky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 02:27
Hi tepelstreel, Love that name for some reason ?

Ok" You want to try and bend all the arms that arent receiving the light including the main cola
With scrog growing you really want to grow the plant as flat as possible training it thrue netting works really well, just make shore your netting is secured tight to a frame or pin pointed from all the corners, its going to take some serious weight when finished

It sought of depends on what lighting you are using aswell are your lights vertically burnt or Horozontal ?  And the spread of light comes down to what size globes you are running

A 630 w sont will do about a  1 and a half metre square nicely, Providing the globe is horizontal, And a 1000w hps globe will do a little more Area, I preffer 1000 w hps lamps for scrog growing, you can get the plants larger and hit them with more intensity

Next time tep try training the plant thrue the netting as it grows, rather than pull her down when she is mature, please be careful pulling her down, use much care not to snap any stems, but even if you do they will come back, just try to go slow, and over a week of pulling down she should be fine and much more productive

when pulled down flat the plant receives the same light intensity all over, even the bottom branches will come up much better

Real View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Real Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 07:00
If you want you can tell your friend it killed your crop and have him to re-inburst you. lol. Let him know that you would yield over20 pounds hahahha.
weed_lover View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote weed_lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 09:35
I Wanna to feminised my Jack Herer seeds. So in the night cycle I turned onthe lights for about 1 our and at the day I turned off the lights for 1 hour. This was at the beggining of the flowering. I was doing that for 4 weeks, and none of my 2 plants were loooking diferent. They haven't made no male sacks. So I will just have to smoke some good weed, and will have no seeds:)

sorry for my english:)

good luck
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 10:12
weed lover, I may be misunderstanding you, but...

To get your indoor plants to flower, you'll need to give them 12 hours of continuous ilght, followed by 12 hours of complete darkness in each 24 hour period.

Keep this cycle going for 2 weeks and you'll see the first flowers on your plants (kill any males at this stage). Keep giving this light cycle to the remaining females for another 6-8 weeks, and you should have mature buds.
weed_lover View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote weed_lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 10:19
yes you misunderstood me:) I ment to say that betwen my  12 ur light I tourned off the light for 1 hour, and between 12 ours of darkness, I turned the lamp for 1 hour. By this method you should get feminised seeds from only women's plants. Or should I say, female plants will get also males flowers and then you get the feminised seeds, Or I just think so?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>