Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

harvesting via trichome coulour

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ASDER View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote ASDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: harvesting via trichome coulour
    Posted: 20 April 2018 at 20:16
hi all,
just coming up to the end of my latest grow. i usually flower for 70 days irrespective of strain although its mainly indica dominant strains i do.however im currently on day 63 of flowering and im starting to decide when to harvest via trichome colour. its a change from my normal method but as im a perfectionist i want to harvest at the peak time.according to what ive researched a mix of cloudy and amber trichome colour is the best time to harvest. i use a 100x magnifying glass to check trichomes they are currently clear with a few changing to cloudy.anyone have any experience in harvesting by this method and any advice on when to harvest more specifically how long more should i expect to wait before harvesting.
thanks
Asder
Live and Learn!
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2018 at 10:35
This is truly a difficult question because it really is all down to personal taste.
Personally i would grow the strain/cutting a few times harvesting individual plants at different times to fined which harvest window works for me.

Obliviously multiple cuttings of a single plant would be more uniform in their behavior than plants grown from seed, so would make it easier to pin down a harvest window that hits the right spot for you.

As a rule of thumb the 70 day mark for "indicas" is pretty much bang on, strain depending.

Hope this helps

Peace
 Post Reply Post Reply