Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Myths
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The most coveted strains?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 12:23
The penalties in Holland did suddenly double a few years back, but I think it's still very rare for any weed grower to face jail time in the Netherlands.
For huge operations, for failure to pay the estimated tax bill that the authorities often tack onto the growing-fine and for growers who've been caught mulitple times, there's some chance of getting locked up. Otherwise, getting caught is more of an expensive pain in the ass than a risk to life and liberty.

In Belgium, I have to admit I'm not entirely up to date. They softened their stance on cannabis after Euro-Cup 2000, when the Brit fans lost in Holland (but didn't do anything naughty), but rioted in Belgium, even when they won. The logical link was made between one country having freely available cannabis, the other being big on beer.

Since then, I've heard back-and-forth stories about things getting better or (more often) getting worse in Belgium.

Still, it would really surprise me if there was less chance of geting locked up in Belgium for growing weed than in Holland.

It may be that Dutch growers have had it easy for so long that increases in the fines and the attempts to catch them have made more growers say 'to hell with it', if it was just something they enjoyed that gave them a small extra income.
Many Dutch growers have no particular interest in cannabis - it's just a crop to bring to market. If they can make more money growing tuilips or spuds, they'll do that.

Conversely, I think Belgian growers have faced serious penalties until very recently, so a significant softening of the laws (even if they're still more likely to get locked up than in Holland) has made just as many pople say 'let's go for it!'

The last figures I saw (from a few years back) said that Dutch coffeeshops sell an estimated 50,000kg of indoor cannabis per year, and that 80%+ was grown in Holland.

One effect of the hardening of Dutch laws has been to begin reversing the separation of hard drugs/criminal gangs from cannabis growing. As more smaller, private non-violent growers decide it's all too much trouble, the wholesale price is going up and the gap in the market is being rapidly filled by organised interests who think nothing of a couple of years' jail time and fines in the tens of thousands of euros.

mike View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2006 at 16:02
sensi's skunk#1 should be in everybody's growroom evan though it is not the most powerful strain it is a part of every killer strain out there and if it's not then northern light's is and there for anyone interested in tring to bred themself should always have these 2 strains in the room in my experiance sensi's skunk#1 when bred to any strain just seems to make it better by 1st stronger smell 2nd denser buds 3rd more hardy
help my plant's fell over and can't stand up
THC123 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote THC123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2006 at 01:42

I am going to try it next year

THC123 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote THC123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2006 at 01:44

The seeds still exist

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2006 at 06:00
When you look through the breeding histories (when you can even find good information written down), you''l notice that there are very few hybrids that don't have a at least one of the original  super breeding plants supplying a large part of their genetic makeup.

Skunk #1
Haze
Northern Lights #1, #2, #5

Plus a few Afghani cultivars that have less well known names, and are sometimes collectively referred to as hash plants (some of them sharing traits with, but not identical  to Hash Plant).
DRFEELGOOD View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote DRFEELGOOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2006 at 05:13
 i think that it is agood idea to try your own crossbreeding, i have some white widow and some white skunk seeds and thought they might work well together. and i have never heard of train wreck, is this a new breed??? how strong is it??? thanks ps i am looking for some info on a bulb and what its best used for its a  lucalox---- LU400/HO/T/ 40 NG.
 THANKS....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123