Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Lighting
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Can i vegetate under a 600 Watt hps bulb?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GI-DRO View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote GI-DRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can i vegetate under a 600 Watt hps bulb?
    Posted: 16 June 2006 at 04:11
...specfically a 600 watt hortilux bulb.
thanks
fush                          buck
Sticky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Sticky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 04:36
Hi Gi-dro

How are you doing there man ?

Look man you could, But Hps Globes just dont have enough blue spectrum in them

Purchase a Son t agro 630 globe your current ballast will be suitable to run it

Son t aros Can be used for both veg and Flower, They contain a blue red mixed spectrum.

I use 1000 w MH lights to veg my mothers, High in blue  spectrum, Usally Ventura or sylvania, If you can find it, The best vegging light i have ever found was the ventura sport 60 1000w universal globe, They are the ducks guts in MH lighting in my opinion

If you cant afford a new MH 400 KIt, go for a 630w son t agro, should do the job nicely for you, I assume your power is a main concern?

Sticky  so high
GI-DRO View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote GI-DRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 05:27

im well sticky, thanks for the quick response. The last few weeks i have laid out quite a bit of funds, so i might go with a son T agro. i was under the impression that the hortilux bulbs contain a suitable amt of blue spectrum, similar to the son agro...? no?

fush                          buck
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 13:50
We don't sell Hortilux bulbs, but we do sell the Hortilux 400w and 600w universal ballasts, which are well-made, professional lights.

Hortilux should have a website (maybe even one in English) where they give technical specs on their bulbs. If they bulbs have a boosted blue spectrum, it should be mentioned in the specs.
Sticky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Sticky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 01:21
If they are 600w That would say to me that they are pure HPS

If they are 623w -630 i would take that as having blue specs

As ganja said check out the website.

Ganja with these Ballasts your talking about, Do you mean they are interchangable between MH and HPS, Using a switch, And two transformers in one housing

milehigh View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote milehigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 05:41
Hello gentlemen, I agree with the previous statements but will add that I have vegged under that bulb with great success. I believe if it is aircooled and you can keep it a little closer then normal you can control the stretching caused by the lack of blue to some degree. At least with most strains. Just my experience.

mh
redrum View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote redrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 13:48
i vegged´to under that bulb, it works, not good as a sont or metalhalid bulb but it works good
Sticky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Sticky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2006 at 02:39
love those air cooled Reflectors.high

Sticky.

Post Reply Post Reply