Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Fluoro's, CFL's e.t.c

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Grasso View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Grasso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 18:57
Hello,

the state-of-the-art of lamps is found in HID. Furthermore they are less bulky than fluorescent tubes. By using a big parabolic reflector HID can be given the radiation pattern of LID, if needed. If I can buy Irish butter then Bowen should be able to buy an Osram HCI 942. Unfortunately product lines of Osram and Philips are a mess (-wattage-color-socket-enclosure-), and Iwasaki ColorArc lamps are not that easily available in Europe. By the way, Osram has universal ballasts which can be used for various HID bulbs from 2100 °K (pure sodium light) to 6500 °K (daylight).

Home supply markets sell 120 cm fixtures complete with ballast, starter and tube for less than 10 Euro. This can be an important part of a growroom. Medium-priced mainstream stuff is sometimes safer and more reliable than the ass-cheap stuff but is often a dead end, mediocre and limited. HID stuff is not that expensive in production, but the middle-men who assemble parts tend to double or triple prices.

Uli

leelikos View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote leelikos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 18:57

what are the dimensions of your grow space Bowen and how many plants are you hoping to fit in there?

If your space isn't that big (like mine) an MH could produce too much heat.  I've never used one, but I've read so many times that they produce more heat than HPS.

Don't count me on it though coz I've never done a side by side comparison!

Buds up

Lee
leelikos View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote leelikos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 19:07
Under the lighting system section check out where it says that their ballasts work with both HPS and MH.  It might be the answer to your prayers.  I got both the ballast and cool tube from here and they're spot on.  the service is fast and reliable as well and they're friendly as f**k if/when you need to call them.

Let us knowsy how it goes and what you decide.  It's always exciting watching a grow room being created!

lee
leelikos View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote leelikos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 19:10
Hey grasso, liked your comment about Irish butter!

Though I think Irish butter is a bit more mainstream than an Osram HCI 942!!

Wouldn't it be nice if your local B&Q/Homestore had it all?! (as well as Irish butter I suppose!)

Lee
yoka86 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote yoka86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 06:13
I just got a 2700k fluor lamp and I had two other ones of 6000k, do you think is a good mix for the vegetative stage or it would be too much ?
Grasso View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Grasso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 20:11
Hi, i think that a mix of one 2700K and one 6000K tube is good for vegetating plants. You cannot overdo with standard fluoros. Screw the fixtures onto the ceiling, glue tin foil to the walls and construct ventilation strong enough to let the plants shiver oh so slightly. By the way, in Brazil springtime has just begun, so what about the great outdoors? Uli
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2009 at 15:21

Hey bowen hows she cuttin? My last grow i used floros all the way thru veg and flower. I think they  did a good job.Got 4oz dry from 3 plants.I posted pics but dont know how to put up a link. if ya search nutes by alecky u can see for urself.

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12