Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Systems - Setups, Equipment, Mediums
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Home made growroom supplies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Real View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Real Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Home made growroom supplies
    Posted: 12 July 2006 at 05:11

Okay, I made this post with the magiver grower. Thus meaning anyway to save money for the begginer/novice growers out there. Any advice on helping someone make a hommade hydro system such as the  DWC , AEROPONICS,EBIN FLOW etc...

Maybe how toos on maken a hommade growroom filters.

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 13:20
Cheap, tiny aquarium pumps can fit inside individual 10lt buckets (which could hold 1-4 plants), attached to 10mm vinyl tubing with some holes puched in it. The tube can then provide a constant, recirculating (and oxygen-filled) spray of water over plant roots.

I just put one together for under 15 euro and I'm currently testing it. I'm pretty sure it will help four very unhealthy clones (from a now-dead mother plant) to survive. If it allows them to grow better and faster than than the remaining two clones from the same mother (which will also pull through, I hope), I'll be satified it's a good system.

Having many buckets, each with its own aqurium pumps could be impractical if growing on a medium or large scale - then you're better off using a large central pump to distribute water to all plants. Using this method, you'll need to drain all buckets back to the central reservoir, or into waster-water channels./
The advantage of individual pumps inside each bucket is that there should be no possibility of overflow.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Sticky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Sticky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 13:53
Hi real, Ganja

you can find plastic molders around, They often have trays and pots that can be purchased and modifyed.

Stay clear of foam containers unless there waterproof ones, And if you have to drill plastic pots try to make shore your gromits and intersections are tight and not leaking, the smallest drip can end up being a night mare.

The cheapest way i have found, if you want to do a few is long plastic plumming pipe, the type that are layed for drainage, seal the end and elevate one end to fall into a res at the other then pump it back up to the top, Its called Nft Nutrient film technique, its a great cheap way of growing weed.

Google Nft systems and you will get a good idea.

Hope this helps

Sticky.
dread View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote dread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 14:59
nice one
there was a great diy system on the soft secrets archives a while back for a filter that removed the smell from your grow room and just consisted of a few basics ,if you need more info ill root it out for you ,jjust let me know
Dread
shane View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2007 at 12:50
dread that sounds interesting, especially if its easy :-), see if u can find it please
get that sun on it :-)
positronic View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote positronic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 00:19
Cheap DIY Guerilla-style...
Here`s a DWC System I used at the start of last year:

Bucket with lid, Mesh pot, Air Pump & tubing/stone.
Plant is growing in vermiculite...
* Unlike me - Secure any electric connections in a plastic bag !! *

You need to keep a close eye on the ph and ec levels and ensure no light gets in or you get algal growths...
 Root growth is unhindered by size of pot and flourishes.

I used the Ionic range of nutrients for this grow but found I had to use very weak mixes as the plants reacted to recommended dosing.

These 2 plants were germinated at the same time... Obviously the soil plant is much smaller than the DWC-grown one.

I finished the hydro under HPS and this was a small part of the reward...

"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope" FFF Bros
 Post Reply Post Reply