Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Cloning
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

second flowering ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
holistic View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote holistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: second flowering ?
    Posted: 23 July 2006 at 02:09
hi guys and girls
maybe sticky or the great ganja can answer this one for me please
im still on my first grow week 2 now and ive read on the net that once i have got my ladys to flower that a second bud is posibule by pruneing back the buds but leaving the outer fan leaves giving them plenty of nitrgen and back under the veg lights for 2 weeks they then alleged grow new buds is this possibule guys ? as i only have a small space to grow but i have great lights a 200w for veg and a 600w hps for flowring or shud i just harvest what i can and start from srtatch any advice greatfully recived happy smoking love from all in the uk.weed leaf
holistic.
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2006 at 16:07
Harvest everything and start new clones from scratch. It's much more efficient. The new clones will produce more buds than the plants you rejuvenate. The smoke might also lose some potency if you mess around with the plant's life-cycle.

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2006 at 16:35
True indeed. Clones are the way to go if efficient use of time, space and electricity considerations. As Farmer Mick says, clones will also maintain yield, potency and general zest for life much better than regenerated plants.

If you have the two lights in separate spaces and you run a 12hr cycle and an 18hr cycle simultaneously, you have a lot of options for efficient propagation.

You could either keep a mother or two under the 200w light, taking cuttings regularly, so that your harvested flowering plants can be replaced immediately with strong clones. This method is good for flowering larger numbers of clones cut from one or two mothers.

The other option is pretty similar, and may use less space if you're propagating several different plants.  You can vegetate plants under the 200w, taking a few cuttings from each just before flowering and keeping those clones under the 200w, to root while the big plants flower.
When the flowered plants are harvested, their replacements will be a good size and can each yield a few clones of their own prior to flowering.

With a bit of practice in cloning and maintenance and a stable hybrid, both cycles can continue for at least a few years.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2006 at 16:54
BTW - Normal procedure for sea/screen-of-green growers is to remove most growth beneath the main colas. The terminal buds are where most yield is produced, especially in closely-grown plants.

Some SOG/SCROG growers  will leave lower branches and nodes relatively intact when plants are put into flower. Around the end of flowering, plants are 'double-harvested' - the top half of the plants - the main cola and most successful branches  - is taken, while the lower  branches are given another couple weeks in flowering, allowing a smaller second harvest.

I still think that if you calculated the yield over a few crops, the yield from double-harvesting (maybe more accurate to call it '1.3 harvesting') would be less than the yield for continous single-harvesting, as the extra weeks for the lower parts could add up to a whole normal harvest over the course of a year.

Climate and privacy allowing, outdoor plants might benefit more from double-harvesting  - as the sunlight/growing time to give undeveloped buds extra growing time is free - or even from regeneration (probably only possible if you live near the equator).
holistic View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote holistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2006 at 22:15
ok thank you guys very much
connery View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote connery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 18:06
Originally posted by Ganja

Climate and privacy allowing, outdoor plants might benefit more from double-harvesting  - as the sunlight/growing time to give undeveloped buds extra growing time is free - or even from regeneration (probably only possible if you live near the equator).

I harvest in a greenhouse during 3 weeks starting the end of oct and ending now 20th of nov. .  Like this is possible to optimize the upper parts that mature before with the lower branches that needs a bit mor of light.
 Post Reply Post Reply