Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Flowering - Pruning, Training, Intensive Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Trimming leaves under growing phase?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dalan View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Dalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trimming leaves under growing phase?
    Posted: 18 October 2004 at 00:20
I tried a method named "jogging", where you get a more bushy plant insteed of a tall one. Works very nice, but I have alot of big leaves shading some of the lower "bud-areas"

Wondering if it's okej to trim some of the big leaves to promote more light to the lower bud "areas"??

I'm growing silver haze. Mayby not the best if you have limeted space but it's my favorite
Just a happy Swede, suffering Swedish Sweet Mary-Jean politics
milehigh View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote milehigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 05:04
You can trim a few, but only a few. It is better to tuck them out of the way. I always wait till they start to turn a little yellow before I remove them. If your careful, you can just tuck the big ones out of the way, instead of cutting them off. My main stem always looks like a snake after harvest. I bend and bend and bend on it to promote bushyness.

milehigh
Tompa View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Tompa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 12:53
I never remove any leaves til they drop by themselves. Sugarfactories. Your buds in the shade should still develop faster leaving all leaves intact.
NL#5xH
seeroseero View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower
J5R

Quote seeroseero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 15:44

Some people do and some don't

You can remove 'some' of the fan leaves however it DOES stress the plant a little. Which is not specifically good. However it does help some times.

An other option is to try and bend the plants, with strings or sticks etc. this way more light gets to specific spots, however. It's hard to keep the balance so that EVERY spot gets light...

Sheets of reflective/ mirror material ON you soil (underneath your plants) works great!

I personally also just snap some of the plants/ tops some times when a couple of trees shoot higher up then others. This just so i can keep the lights all the the same hight.

Ciao

Dalan View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Dalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2004 at 23:15
Thanks for your advices.

Does ordinary aluminium film work as a reflector?
Just a happy Swede, suffering Swedish Sweet Mary-Jean politics
nl5haze View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote nl5haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 09:26

you want to make a reflector out of aluminium film?

i would just make sure that the whole room is covered in white reflective plastic... http://www.sensiseeds.com/ml/shop.asp?MainLev=2&PluNr=278

there is nothing thats reflects better then white not even a mirror. so just make sure your room is white.

you can use aluminium to make a reflector (i wouldn't) but white plastic and no reflector should work

Sensi Borneo Diving Resort & Tours

Dive adventures in Sabah Malaysian Borneo
milehigh View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote milehigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 04:46
Originally posted by Dalan

Thanks for your advices.

Does ordinary aluminium film work as a reflector?

Grow shops sell rolls of mylar which looks like aluminum but reflects the light much more evenly. Alumium foil will reflect the heat and cause hot spots, use white as suggested or bye the mylar.

milehigh
hydrogenum View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote hydrogenum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 09:57

i think in a little place we just have to put reflecting paper only on the ground...not on walls!!! temperature would go so HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

yes...my box is green like the hope...but white is perfect to reflex the light...mirrors aren't ok...they capture the light, 'cause they are like glass...

alluminium sheets are cheap and easy to find...if you want to use'em be careful to put them by the correct side

Edited by Ganja
we can go far away...
seeroseero View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower
J5R

Quote seeroseero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 15:01

Ok, Ok, my apologies for the 'mirror' thing. :)

I didn't mean mirror litterally but reflective material.

White reflective material IS the best

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 16:35

A mirror reflects the full spectrum that the light emits, including heat. So, this is not always ideal for grow rooms.

White plastic doesn't reflect as much visible light as a mirror (or very shiny surfaces), but it reflects only visible light, not infra or ultra light.

(I think)

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>