Cannabis Forum > Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum > Hashish
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Block Pollen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mad69 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mad69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Block Pollen
    Posted: 31 August 2006 at 13:22
    Hi Dudes
is it poss to make a potent chocolate using fine ground block pollen,and melted chocolate as this is something I have not attempted, or is it better to smoke.
TY
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2006 at 13:43
what do you mean by block pollen?

If it's black hash, then you can certainly combine it with chocolate - just mix the two on a very low heat. it's easy to burn both chocolate and hash, so you might want to use a pan on top of another pan full of heated water, so that steam heats the chocolate/hash mix, instead of a flame or a hot element.

t's easier and quicker (both in preparation and effect) to smoke hash. Eating hash will use up more for a good dose, and should last a lot longer
mad69 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mad69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2006 at 13:46
Hi Ganja
It is not black it is a light brown block I am told it is pollen1 it is not black it should work ok then
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 11:13
Okay, hash is hash.

It all works well when eaten, as long as it's not the super-hard imitation hash known as 'soap bar' or 'chernobyl', which contains almost no cannabis resin.

Does the hash you're planning to cook with do anything when you hold a lighter flame about 1mm from it?

If it's worth eating or smoking, you should see some sort of oil rise to the surface and begin bubbling. As a general rule, the more it bubbles and the clearer the oil, the better the hash is.

Soap bar and other non-hash never bubbles, it just turns black, or becomes easy to crumble.

Actually, that's another good test, most decent hash doesn't become easier to put into a joint when it's heated - it becomes even more sticky and hard to handle. Really good hash often needs a few minutes in the freezer to make it brittle and easier to break up.

The word 'pollen' is often used to describe Moroccan hash, but it's a confusing term, because real pollen is the yellow dust produced only by male flowers.

Since female resin glands can look like a similar kind of yellow powder when shaken from the plant, the name 'pollen' was applied to hash and remains with us. But no hash is actually made from pollen.

To an English-speaker, 'polm' is possibly a better (though still not accurate)  term for that type of hash, though it could cause the same confusion among speakers of other Germanic languages.
ollie260886 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote ollie260886 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2011 at 22:35
i have just got some stuff that my mate called Crystal block. It looks kinda like soap but i think it is made from pollen. Not resin. I Always thought hash was the resin from the plant. Its is a Hard compressed block but you can snap it and Ive been told you Cant burn it with a lighter. Looks alot better and smells nicer that soap. Ive had super polm in dam and it was bendy. This stuff looks nice. Hopefully try it at the weekend and update.
 Post Reply Post Reply