Cannabis Forum > Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum > Recipes
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Cannabutter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cannabutter
    Posted: 22 October 2004 at 16:31

Can you please tell me how long I must boil water with stuff inside to get the best butter for cookies?

You shouldn't use water (THC is not soluble in water) and you shouldn't boil the mixture (high temperatures can destroy THC).

The best thing to do is to grind your leaf, bud or hash into a fine powder and cook it with butter at a very low temperature.

Stir your weed/butter mix on your stove's lowest setting for about 30 to 90 minutes. The butter will turn green, golden or brown.

Afterwards, you can pour the butter through a cloth to remove the weed. The butter will now be full of THc and can be used in cooking.

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Rythis View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Rythis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2004 at 22:21
Hmm, I'm a tad confused. It doesn't make a lot of sense to say that the boiling temp of water is hot enough to distroy THC. Infact in my experience, I've never seen heat distroy THC. If it did you could never effectively bake with it, the baking temp of most goods is far higher than the boiling point of water. Not to mention, think about howmany people smoke the resin they scrape from their pieces. If heat distroyed THC then the direct heat from flame would certainly do it right? But you still get high...
FunkyFarmers View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote FunkyFarmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2005 at 21:08
Ingredients:

2 "Pre-rolled" joints, "blond Moroccan" vintage 1993
1 pound of butter
2 handfulls o weed (small buds, leaves, etc)
1 pan
1 bowl
1 cheesecloth

Grind/ cut up your weed, put the whole butter in the pan and heat it up slowly. When all melted add the weed stir occasionally for about 20 minutes. Your pretty much done already. We advise you to roll another joint now so the butter can cool down a little. Take the bowl and put the cheese cloth in here, now through the contents of the pan in the cheese cloth, grab the ends and strain out like a wet T-shirt. Above the bowl please. Put your back into it, you wouldn't want to loose too much of your hard work here. Put the butter in the fridge, and or shape after. NOTE: before you use this butter we advise you to test it. Just make your self a piece of toast :) and wait about an hour before offering it to your loved ones. The party could be over sooner than you think.
Friends of Cannabis
Signum View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2006 at 15:28

well i'm goin to try some now, i planned to use some tiny leaves that i saved and some tiny buds and heat it with butter, and i wanted to add some better bud to the total recipe because my sh*t isn't that strong

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2006 at 13:28

You'll get more out of cooking the material than you would from smoking it, whatever cannabis material you use.

You can make very potent canna-butter even from pure fan-leaves. If you add small buds to the mix, I think you can make some very strong cookies.

I'd try making some cookies just with what you have. You'll probably end up with enough cannabutter to make more than one batch of cookies.

If the first lot are not powerful enough, you could get a gram or two of white weed from a coffeeshop and add this to the remaining butter and make some extra-strength cookies.

Bowen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Bowen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2006 at 15:27

Great recipe you've come across - Most people I know who tried the various cookies say that the peanutbutter 1's are the way to go, the "original" flavor cookies have a pretty bad taste.

1 Question - Do the C.Shops make the spacecake with cannabutter or with raw "green" material?

I think i'll give this recipe a go when i get up n runnin

Things are looking up.........grind through it and you'll get there :)
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2006 at 17:47

Originally posted by Rythis

Hmm, I'm a tad confused. It doesn't make a lot of sense to say that the boiling temp of water is hot enough to distroy THC. Infact in my experience, I've never seen heat distroy THC. If it did you could never effectively bake with it, the baking temp of most goods is far higher than the boiling point of water. Not to mention, think about howmany people smoke the resin they scrape from their pieces. If heat distroyed THC then the direct heat from flame would certainly do it right? But you still get high...

Hmm, where to begin?

I think the most important point is that pipe-scum is residue, which in no way should be confused with resin (hashish).

I can't say I never smoked it in my young and foolish days, but I can say that any (cough) 'high' that smokers of residue feel, you can guarantee it's not caused by any THC.

THC vaporises at 190-200*C, so the first hit or two from a flame, combined with inhalation has stripped all or most THC from the bud in a pipe.

I think other cannabinoids like CBD and CBN may be more hardy - apparently, there is a fuzzy, body stone to be had from smoking weed that's gone through a vaporiser.

So, there may be some other cannabinoids lingering in pipe-scum (though bear in mind that a lighter flame is much hotter than a vaporiser), contributing to the effect, but I think most of it would be just a toxic buzz.

(shudder)

As to the boiling point of water, 100*C may not cause THC to evaporate, but it speeds the breakdown of THC into the other, less psychoactive cannabinoids, so you shouldn't expose resin (or weed) to heat. THC is is in almost constant state of change from the time it is produced by the plant, so you should treat it as carefully as possible until the point of consumption.

Many hash makers will not expose their resin to greater temperatues than they can stand on their skin. As it is bound together, hash becomes more resilient than loose resin powder, but it undergoes an obvious change in effect/quality if it's overheated when made.

Basically, it becomes more body-centred and 'stoney' as the proportion of THC declines in relation to CBD and CBN.

I don't know if the THC is more protected from the heat when it combines with butter. It's better to be safe than sorry, so you should combine the cannabis with oil/butter at the lowest setting on your stove.

Most baked goods are done at about 180*C, which is just below the evaporating point of THC. Still, the breakdown into the other cannabinoids will speed up (possibly the combination with other ingredients affects/slows this process, I'm not sure).

I do know that I've had over-baked, nearly burned cookies which almost knocked me down with a body stone after just a couple (very fast effect, too).

The same receipe (possibly the same dough) had given a mild, pleasant high when baked to perfection.

Signum View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2006 at 20:50

well i tried it and omg, it's just scary really, i guess it was to strong, today all i did was ly in my bed, now i'm feelin better but i'm so tired...

well next time a little less i guess

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2006 at 13:44

It may be worth noting that when you eat cannabis, the THC that affects your body is in a slightly different form.

The THC we normally talk about is delta-9 THC, the form that passes into your bloodstream from your lungs.

Your liver acts differently on THC, and the form that enters your blood via your liver is 11-hydroxy THC.

Signum View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2006 at 01:12

and what are the differences between those two? cause now i read a lot about it, and they say the main problem is that dosing is difficult with eating and the effect lasts longer ans starts later, well i was prepared for that but i didn't expect that my mexican sativa could deliver me such effects, well now i know for the next time, but i've never felt so weird

but please tell me some more about it, cause it did interest me now

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>