Cannabis Forum > Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum > Hashish
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Honey Bee Extractor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Stoned View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Stoned Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Honey Bee Extractor
    Posted: 07 July 2004 at 14:22

Hi Peeps,

I tried the honey bee extractor and was quite satisfied I have to say. It was quite the process but hey. After words you started to hear all these stories about remains of butane in the hash or other chemicals.

Can anyone tell me some more about this. When i tried it I used a pan with boiling water. I placed a bowl in that pan for the oil. This way (I thought) the gas would vaporize faster.

Besides this little chemical issue the stuff is GREAT.

Don

And then it hit me...

Ban It All!
green-glory View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote green-glory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2004 at 11:38

I think I might have to do with how long you actually let the gas vaporise no?

I tried to look around in google for some more information on it but couldn't find anything. Anyone know??

Feline View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Feline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2004 at 16:01

Butane-extracted oil IS intrinsically different to real oil (extracted with heat and pressure OR reflux-distilled with a solvent).

I've tried the best Amsterdam has to offer, and it's WRONG. The best oil in the world does not compare with top quality Ice-o-lator or Bubble Bag hash.

No matter how much the maker has tried to remove the butane, you can always tell when oil has been made with butane, or when hash has been mixed with this type of oil.

The fact that you can always spot this oil (usually from the greasy feel or the odd smell) indicates that it is somehow different from pure cannabis products.

Another important point: About half the people I know who make butane-oil on a large scale would NOT smoke it themselves under any circumstances. They smoke real hash and sell the oil.

seeroseero View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower
J5R

Quote seeroseero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2004 at 17:37

Ice, Hashoil & Bubble Hash is all a bit too much for me... It gets you really high and some of it doesn't even taste that bad, however I like to smoke and still be able to communicate.

As stated in the Poll I really like my Blonde hashish. The nice allmost sour after taste i find hard to describe but very important. It's also truely NICE through a vaporizer.

Keep your hands of the hash

doctor dolittle View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote doctor dolittle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2005 at 15:20
I've used the honey bee without any residual taste.....it tasted and smelt like the buds I put in, and was as good and as uplifting, as any bubble hash i've done.
If you are doing it for yourself, then follow all the instructions properly, the butane should all evaporate.
I'd like to have a go on a eden projects extractor, but there isn't an outlet in the UK for it as far as I know
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 12:49

A certain cannabis luminary who has been a big fan of solvent-extracted hash (orginally ether-extracted, I think, but a proponent of the butane method as well), has recently had a bit of a health-scare.

He's now wondering if his hospitalisation had anything to do with the fact that he's been a big user of butane-oil for some years now.

According to rumour, he's going to write an article warning other people not to make and smoke this toxic crap.

Now, at the moment, this IS just just a rumour (the article, that is; the hospitalisation was real), so I'm not naming names.

But if true, it confirms what many of us have been thinking since this whole stupid butane-'hash' craze started up a few years back:

BUTANE EXTRACTED HASH IS TOXIC! PLEASE DON'T SMOKE IT OR MAKE IT OR GIVE IT TO PEOPLE!

There are many online stories about using this brand or that brand of lighter gas in order to cut down on 'impurities', or about the best way to 'cook out' the butane that in which the cannabinoids dissolve during the process. It's all guesswork.

I'd be really interested if an actual chemist - someone with a degree in the subject and some years of experience - could assure us that butane was NOT changing the cannabinoids, not bonding with them on some level. Or if such a person would tell us that butane could be completely removed from the compound in the average kitchen simply by heating it on a pan of warm water.

Even if such a professional did assure us of the above, I wouldn't smoke butane oil.

Call it prejudice, but there's something WRONG with that stuff. It doesn't get you high, it gets you stoopid.

Properly made water hash - 70 to 120 micron - is about as pure as hash needs to be. I can't think of anything more that needs to be extracted from full-melt  water hash.

JUST SAY NO TO SOLVENTS, KIDS

Edited by Ganja
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
WeedGhost View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote WeedGhost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2005 at 03:45
hello! I´m new here and I don´t speak english very good. Maybe my post doesn´t belong to this topic. So please inform me if you put this post into another place that I can find it again. I wanted to ask if someone please could tell me where I can buy cloth for making hash with about 70 to 120 micron except the cloth from the water-hash bags or how that things are called. Can I buy it at every normally tailor or somewhere else? I hope you understand my message and can give me an answer to my question quickly. thank you!
stickyfingers View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote stickyfingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2005 at 04:28

I came across a bunch of hillbillies making this stuff in the 80,s they wouldnt tell any one how they made this crap,they sold heaps of it,it was all over the joint.

The hillbillies got really sick one bye one they came down with all sorts of bad sh*t.   DONT SMOKE IT OR BUY IT..

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2005 at 14:47

stickyfingers, they weren't hillbillies from Foster, by any chance? (the one in Qld, not Vic)

I once knew a bunch of country-dwellers that were making some kind of black, sticky, cannabis related sh*t. It was very expensive and nasty-tasting, as I remember.

I knew a lot of them came a cropper from living in Foster (it's a smelting town, I think, so lots of health risks anyway), but it would be interesting to hear if fake hash oil also played a part...

WeedGhost - you can find nylon screens in art-supply stores. They use it for silk-screen printing. The art store may know the actual micron size of the screens they sell, or they might only know them by codes like '00' or 'aa'.

I'd guess that 70 micron and 120 micron screens are about the middle of the range of sizes, but I don't know for sure. You can get 25, 35 and 45 micron screens, but I don't know if these are any use for silk-screen printing. It's possible that 70 micron is as small as you can get in an art supply store.

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
blazinherb View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote blazinherb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 21:26
wut about all that butane u smoke wen u keeep lighting that shity bubble has
get a tumbler make a ball of hash 1 light the whole thing will smoke instead of smokeing the whole lighter for bubble hash
 Post Reply Post Reply