Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Outdoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Hallucinogenic buds - how to grow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Grasso View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Grasso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2006 at 23:59
Hello,

the simplest way to bring UV-A and UV-B to my imaginary grow closet was a fluorescent light for reptiles in terrariums. They have a nice ultraviolet spectrum.

A fresh 40 Watts "8% UV-B" light should output one Watt of UV-B radiation. Sunlight on earth contains up to 3 Watts UV-B per square meter. The sunny average is 1 Watts, under clouds 0.1 watts. My skin shall not come close to the lighted tube. Most glasses and phosphors absorb UV-B hence the mounting place and reflector shall be carefully choosen.

UV content already vanishes when visibe light is still outputted. Someone mentioned a lifetime of six weeks, Zoomed say twelve months. The bleeching of a colored paper indicates UV radiation.

Big-time growers might prefer an Osram ULTRAMED 400W/FDA R7S FS1. The Osram VITALUX is much worse due to a peaky spectrum.

Off-topic: I have read about sulphur lamps. The technologic terms are induction lamps or microwave lamps: http://www.thekrib.com/Lights/sulphur.html

When light is travelling through a boundary of two bodies of different densities, for example through the boundary between air and a triangle-shaped glass, or through the boundary between air and vapour of water in a cloud, the light is diffracted, hence one observes a prism. With nearly closed eyes the lashes diffract the sunlight as they form a comb fine enough to interfere with the wavelengths of light.

I held a long thin paper tube to a light bulb in order to form a straight path of light. I mirrored this light by two Compact Discs. I saw that the Philips PL fluorescent lamp emits light of four single colors with different strengths -- much cherry-red, few orange, much grass-green and few royal-blue. An incandescent lamp emits light of all colors, hence I did not see spots of true color.

Uli

Edited by Grasso
scrappy View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote scrappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2006 at 00:44
WoW! Im very impressed with Mr.Thai..... I once hallucinated from a joint of Sensi seeds Northern Lights #1. It was unreal and to this day Ive never experienced it again, now I have a better under standing of the phenomenum.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12