Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHow to set up a basic closet grow space

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2007 at 22:59

Hi Kalani,

When growing indoors, you can control the height of the plants by putting them into flower whenever you choose rather than relying on nature. If you grow Indica-dominant plants, grow them under 18 hours light and six hours dark until they're 10-12 inches tall, then change the light-cycle to 12 hours light and 12 hours dark. The plants will finish flowering at 2ft or 2.5ft.

"A rat race is for rats. We're not rats. We're human beings." - Jimmy Reid, RIP
kalani View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2007 at 21:58
Hi,
I come from tahiti (french) and i never start a indoor grow.
U say "
a 250w light is most suitable for growing smaller plants. In a 3ft x 3ft space, you can easily grow nine plants ( 3 x 3) to a height of around 2ft or 2.5ft each."

Where i can find seeds
that obtain a height of around 2ft or 2.5ft ?
What is the variety of those seeds ?

I always grow outdoor in tahiti (weather is like hawaii). But i' like to grow indoor because the plants outdoor is to big (height about 5-6 feet).
I'm a beginner in a indoor grow.

Thanx...
cruzsurfer View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2007 at 17:09

I bought the cabinet at a local hardware store for 108.00 ,  bathroom extractor for 14.00 , fan 20.00  250 watt grow lux bulb which I had for a while now, had it in my closet but a horible set up..  this is US dollar so I'm sure most of you guys can get it cheaper..     I know this is going to work killer...    Thanks Mick....  
-idd View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2007 at 17:04
Farmer Mick,
    Based on your experience, what strain do you feel is most appropriate to this setup?  Because you have 30-50cm of headspace below the light, and the plants are less than a meter high at harvest, it seems that a stockier variety would most suit your setup.  Do you pick a plant based on growth characteristics or smoking quality?

If you had a sativa strain, would training within the 1m vertical 'light window' allow for as dense growth as a more powerful light, or would you recommend a bushier plant from the start?

Could you recommend a handful of strains specific to the equipment you use? please include suggestions for adapting leggier strains to this setup.

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2007 at 18:52
cruzsurfer View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2007 at 16:09
Thanks a bunch, this is very helpfull.....

is it better to just grow them in dirt or should I try and do some kind of hydroponics?  

any help would be apreciated so high
Asphyx1us View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 19:14
Thanks a lot !
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 19:09
The greenhouse will work fine as long as there isn't any light pollution getting in from the street or from nearby houses during the night-time. Plant seeds or clones at end March/ beginning April and they should be ready for harvest by end October. According to weather forecasts, Europe can look forward to a warm 2007, so heat shouldn't be a problem.
Asphyx1us View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 18:29
Hello

I've been browsing through this forum for the past 2 or 3 days so I'm still a noobie. Although I read a lot and this guide seems to be awesome! :)
I've never ever grown plants before, so it will be hard (I think), but I'm highly interested in growing.
Currently I'm investigating the (dis)advantages, the prices of fans and all that kinda stuff you need to buy.
But I got a greenhouse in the backyard, so does this guide also applies to that? Because you have lots of sunlight coming in...
Btw. It's not a 'heated' greenhouse, or how do you call that, I meant to say that it's just a wooden shed with glass windows everywhere without a source that heats it.
There's maybe also an option to keep the plants in the attic. Not sure yet.
If I start growing, I will post my progress or something, don't know yet?

Thanks!!
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2007 at 17:38

The germination failure could be down to a number of things.

Did you soak the seeds in water overnight before germination.? Did you germinate them in paper towels before putting them in the soil? Did you make sure the soil is moist, but not waterlogged? Is the temperature in the right range, 25-30 degrees?

The depth of the seed shouldn't prevent it from germinating, but the ideal depth is around one inch or so.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>