Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHow to set up a basic closet grow space

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Nick View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2006 at 17:23
What's the best way to make your box "AirTight"??
I'm not a carpenter, nor have any woodworking skills. I bought my seeds, bought materials to make box, having probs making box too top heavy, no tools, and now have misplaced my F***ing Seeds! This sucks! I need some hits.
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 19:03

With a 250w HPS, you can safely grow plants to within one foot of the light, even closer if the ventilation is good in your grow space. I have grown plants to within 8inches of my light without any burning, but only with buds that are to one side of the bulb and not directly below it. Any buds growing directly underneath the bulb are likely to get burned if they get within 10-12inches.

Some tips:
1) Grow the smallest plants directly below the light and keep them at a distance of 12inches. Keep the larger plants to the sides of the grow space.

2) Hang a fan on the wall of the grow space so it blows directly underneath the light and above the tops of the plants. This will dissipate the heat from the bulb, without affecting the intensity of the light.

PS. My grow space measures 30x24 inches, with a height of around 60inches between the light and the floor. I can grow six plants to around 30inches, while keeping the pots on a table around 18inches off the floor.
Nick View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 15:35
    I've heard that cool tubes refract the light which is not good. Anyways, I already have a 250w HPS. What's the closest I can safely grow from it?? I thought I heard something like 2-3 feet from the light. Is that the closest? And in a 2x2 foot area I'm very limited to number of plants, but want top yield.
Nick
peter_spliff View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 13:24
5 feet would be more than enough space.my cupboard is approx 5 feet and havent come close to running out of space height wise but i have only been growing indicas so far.but even with a raging sative the top cola could be tied down to allow it more growing space.also if budburn were to become a problem u cud get a cool tobe or a heat shield to reduce or deflect the heat frm da bulb.happy growing          pete
Nick View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 04:59
    Hey Mick,

Finally got all the materials. Well, most of them. And my available space got smaller. It's now only a 26x24 inch area. I have six foot structure members but it looks like a damn coffin! I'm a little concerned it's going to be too top heavy. Allowing 2-3 feet from my HPS light, and say, a foot off the floor for the container. I'd like to grow at least a three footer or more. There's 6 feet! Teather lines don't appear possible. Well maybe. That's all I see. You? Would 5 feet high be too small / close to the plants?? Thanks Dude.

Nick
San Diego

Sticky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 10:27
Always loved your work farmer jim.

Its the fact you go to the trouble to share your knowledge, which i have always thought accurate and current.

Hi everyone goodluck with your cupboards they can produce some great results, due to the light being boxed in and intesified, i once grew a Hog and cut it back to 2 arms it went of and i did it with a 423w  sont t .  so go for it, and good luck.

Sticky so high
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 23:17
They will double or triple in size after the lights are turned back to 12/12, depending on the strain and the phenotype. A lot of Sativa strains will grow even more than this and can be put into flower when very small.

If the pots aren't big enough, it will stunt the growth during flowering and lead to unhealthy plants and poor harvest. I've edited the original post to make it clear that plants should be grown in pots at least 10litres in size.
john_squat View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 21:19
"5. When the plants reach 9-12 inches in height"
Is this all? I was under the impression that they had to be bigger than that before commencing flowering cycle. So how much would you expect a plant to grow (height-wise) during flowering?
TheWeeD View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 02:12
    Cheer's for that from a newbee grower give good referance gide for us beginers.
holistic View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 00:33
nice 1 m8
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>