Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHow to set up a basic closet grow space

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 19:03

With a 250w HPS, you can safely grow plants to within one foot of the light, even closer if the ventilation is good in your grow space. I have grown plants to within 8inches of my light without any burning, but only with buds that are to one side of the bulb and not directly below it. Any buds growing directly underneath the bulb are likely to get burned if they get within 10-12inches.

Some tips:
1) Grow the smallest plants directly below the light and keep them at a distance of 12inches. Keep the larger plants to the sides of the grow space.

2) Hang a fan on the wall of the grow space so it blows directly underneath the light and above the tops of the plants. This will dissipate the heat from the bulb, without affecting the intensity of the light.

PS. My grow space measures 30x24 inches, with a height of around 60inches between the light and the floor. I can grow six plants to around 30inches, while keeping the pots on a table around 18inches off the floor.
Nick View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2006 at 17:23
What's the best way to make your box "AirTight"??
I'm not a carpenter, nor have any woodworking skills. I bought my seeds, bought materials to make box, having probs making box too top heavy, no tools, and now have misplaced my F***ing Seeds! This sucks! I need some hits.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2006 at 18:01
Just make sure everything fits together well, with no gaps. Also make sure that when the door of the grow space is closed, there are no gaps around the edges.

Hardware shops sell strips of plastic stuff for blocking out drafts around doors. This will do the trick, you can cut it to the size you need...
streetkarp View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2006 at 21:25

Hi. First off im a student, so hopefully u can see where im coming from here. Ive become fed up off paying for green and am looking to set up growing my own crop. Im currently considering buying Hindu Kush Seeds. I have plenty of space and live in a loft room, but after having a brief look around for aparatus have discovered its going to cost me a bit to start my own crop. Minus seeds and Space to grow them (like a cuboard) can anyone give me a rough idea on how much it is going to cost me to buy the gear to do this? I'd really appreciate cheap/bargain prices. Its the lights im worried about to be honest after looking around on the internet, its looking about 100 quid for a light.Which is more than double what im willing to spend!And this is going to be a throw away opperation come july.

How much for a light and the ventillation equitment and any other bits and pieces that are needed? im guessing its going to smell quite a bit too, so any ideas?

All help is appreciated. Would be good to see what others have generally spent to start there own crops?
john_squat View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2006 at 14:51
You tried Growell? Their prices are quite good. Though admittedly, the initial 1-off cost to buy the equipment (light, control gear, ventilation, tray & water pump, etc)is fairly high if your buying everything brand new.

[p.s. If smell is a problem, maybe a carbon filter would come in handy?]

I would say its more than a worthwhile investment, but if you plan on ditching it come July then maybe not...

Try www.growell.co.uk if you haven't already.

Terence Donovan View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2006 at 00:50
I'm spending aprox £350 for my first wardrobe grow, I'll be growing 5 plants in soil and this is about as cheap as I could budget it with fans, filter lighting etc
streetkarp View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2006 at 21:37
Quick Question. The help so far has been useful. And ive found two or three great bargains online.

I have one question : I own a blacklite, which i bought last year just for ambient affect. its flourescent and is 20w and 24" long. could i use this? any thoughts?maybe buy a couple of others.they always have other uses if i ever decide to retire from growing. Just ive read on a couple of sites now, that they can be used.

Peace
shell View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2006 at 20:37
farmer mick you are genius looking at your pics and reading your advice well after your help big time i am a growing virgin and a bit clueelss read your post  i got a room with a bit shelved off the side with the shelf is 4foot long 3 foot wide 4 fooot high ... the other half the room is 3 1/2 foot long 3 foot wide 8 foot high .. which would be the best 1 to use i got a 250 watt Embarrassedlight like you said and a fan is there anything else i need i got 4 sets of seeds anda book on growing callled closet cultavator i think any advice would 110% appreciated thanks far your time farmer mick shell EmbarrassedEmbarrassednot smoking
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 12:51
You should use the part of the room that's 8ft high, it gives you more space to work with. Once you set up the light and extractor fan, you should be good to go.

A second fan to move the air around the grow room is a good idea, and an electric weather station to read temperature and humidity would also be worth getting.

After than, it's just a matter of experimenting until you perfect your growing technique.
shell View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 18:04
thanks farmer mick will take your advice just seen a starter kit on e bay doyou think thiswould be useful .
1X 400WATT COMPLETE LIGHTING SYSTEM
2X EZI ROLLL  LIGHT HANGERS  
1X CONTRACTOR
1X 50 LITRE ORGANIC BIO BIZZ ALL MIX SOIL
1XBIOBIZZ GROW 1 LITRE
1XBIOBIZZ BLOOM 1LITRE
1XBIOBIZZ TOP MAX 500ML
5 X POTS 10 LITRES
4 METRES BLACK WHITE SHEETING
1X PIPPETTE .
ALL THIS FAR  £135 OR DO YOU THINK ANY GOOD AND IF THIS OK WHAT ELSE DO I NEED . REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR ADVICE FARMER MICK THANKS SHELL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>