Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHow to set up a basic closet grow space

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
gizerakos View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2007 at 21:14

1)why 18h not 24h lighting at he veg period?

2)how will a 400w hps cost monthly at the electricity bill?
3)can a plant sustain 2 days without watering?

not%20smoking
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2007 at 15:05
1. 18 hours is a more efficient use of electricity.

2. It depends on the cost of a unit (Kw/h) of electricity in the Netherlands. A 400w light uses 7.2 units of electricity every day in the 18/6 light-period and 4.8 units per day in the 12/12 light period.

3. Yes, but it depends on the size of the pot. I grow my plants in either 8litre or 12litre pots. The plants in the 8litre pots need watering every 3 days and in the 12litre pots every 4-5 days.
blackmore View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2007 at 09:59
is there a noticeable and worthwhile difference between the veg of a 24/0hr  vs an 18/6hr schedule?

Jonney View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 01:13
yes........

the size of your electricity bill.

as farmer mick said....18/6 is a more efficient use of electricity.

"It is possible that a certain amount of brain damage is of therapeutic value."

Dr Paul Hoch
------------------------------
Nemo View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2007 at 21:37
Hi, just wanted to say a big thanks to Farmer Mick for this guide, having (largely!) followed your advice I am up and running with my first grow (pictures http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3739 here). You obviously spend a lot of time and energy replying to the numerous questions in this forum, and it is greatly appreciated.So, massive thanks and all respect to you Sir, you are truely and a gentleman and a scholar!
blackmore View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2007 at 15:59
Originally posted by Jonney

yes........

the size of your electricity bill.

as farmer mick said....18/6 is a more efficient use of electricity.

lets say electricity isnt a problem.

im thinking logically plants under 24/0 would be larger and more productive than 18/6.
what im unsure about is whether the 6hrs of night has a beneficial/worthwhile effect?

what say you?
smoking
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2007 at 00:35
Originally posted by blackmore

lets say electricity isnt a problem.

im thinking logically plants under 24/0 would be larger and more productive than 18/6.
what im unsure about is whether the 6hrs of night has a beneficial/worthwhile effect?

what say you?
smoking

I'd say the flaw in your hypothesis is that you are assuming that the plant does nothing during darkness.

There are benefits to dark periods during veg growth. I may not be an indoor grower, but I do understand the basic biochemical processes involved.

Put as simply as possible~

During light periods the plant is collecting and storing and using energy products of photosynthesis for growth. (plants multi task during light periods)

During dark periods, the plant only has to concentrate on using energy products for growth. This energy is supplied via the 'dark reactions'  from energy stored during the light period. As  long as these stores aren't exhausted before the next light period begins, growth during darkness exceeds that which the plant achieves during light periods.

As these are commonly called 'dark reactions' many people believe that darkness is a prerequiste. This is untrue. They are better called 'light independent reactions' because they don't actually need access to light, only access to the products of light based photosynthesis to produce energy in a form usable by the plant.

Hope that makes sense.

Hypothetically, to capitalise on the different aspects of photosynthesis I would ~

Start seedlings under 24 hr lighting as they have little capacity to store energy for growth during dark periods and move them to 18/6 once they had grown on enough to be able to store enough energy that growth was not retarded, but enhanced by a dark period.

Maybe someone who grows indoors and has background in the biochemistry will come along and show me where the holes are in my hypothesis. joint
Yaelandar View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2008 at 11:06
Hi Farmer Mick

Thank's for this really interesting topic.

Yaelandar's Set Up

As your topic is talking about set-up with a 250W i want to show you my cab.

The cab is a 60 cm large 40cm long with an height of 1.80m. The lamp is a 250W HPS. There is a RVK 125mm and also some fans and holes at the bottom of the cab for air circulation.

To highlight my comments please find a picture of the set up :

If my reply does matter you please tell me and i will remove it.

Peace Yael
Boneprone View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 15:34
awesome dude. I want to get something like that geared up.
Rendered View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2008 at 10:23
I did not read the whole post so sorry if this is already mentioned.

If you use a passive intake it should be slightly larger than the fan (125mm fan = about 150mm intake) sumthin like that, the important thing is that its slightly larger.
This will create a small underpressure in the room and fan will have an easier job extracting.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>