Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing > Indoor Grow Diaries
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Black Domina

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Frankreynolds View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Frankreynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2013 at 15:12
Hey mate,

Thanks for the comment, as for over nuting, if here is a toxic amount of any nutrient in the media the plant will show me thorugh yellowing of leaves (chlorosis) in specific points, leading to possibly dying bits (necrosis). Nothing like that yet, I have to determine the reason my plants have such short internode spacing is the 95% indica genetics in this plant ;P As you may know indica's are known for short internodal spacing, the leafing as well is in term due to the purely indica genetics ( Cannabis sativa subsp. afghanica ) As i prefer to refer to it as, and in fact looks quite distinguishable to the 'standard Black dom' described by sensi. All this extra leaf makes for some nice Bubble hash btw ;P and don't worry the buds are gigantic underneath :D

I do not have a picture of the leaf stem... THey are rounded stems, I don't think i have ever seen a flat stem on a Cannabis plant, maybe im not quite getting what you mean, could you post a picture example?
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2013 at 12:01
hi frankreynolds,
about the stems of the leafs , its not in the books, i found it out by doing things wrong,
overfeeding or a to low ph gives flat stems, with on top of the stem somekind of "canal", underfed plants give a circle form stem with the "canal"closed, its a circle form shape. The circleshape stems are often red color.
there must be some pictures somewhere here on the forum.. maybe searchword canal?
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2013 at 14:44
Originally posted by martiniGR

thanks for your possitive answer, i am happy with it,  i do not know what you did in your grow, it is just my eyes hat tell me look out, food is at maximum.
happy that have the same experience and you flush, thats good!
cheers!

Black Domina is supposed to have darker than usual foliage...
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2013 at 15:58
yes but the plants  are so shiny.. my plants are never this shiny..
that is my worry, i ve seen the shiny plants, like from chris, but the y were always overfed..
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Schwarzenegger View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Schwarzenegger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2013 at 12:23
I think I understand whats going on here
The ph range Martini refers to is for soil
Coco needs a ph that is lower than soil.

Optimally grown plants smell different from plants that are not so optimally grown
In nature you see that terpenes and flavinoids express themselves strongly in mor chalky surroundings.

playing around with ph and slight underfeeding makes sure there is a lower amount of chlorophyl; heightening taste , diminishing chlorofyl count,.

The best nutrient computers used in professional horticulture have a very nice downwards curve of ph and nutrients when fruit is ready.

SOME strains have a few moments wich you need to switch ph .
Coupled with a different watering regime it triggers bigger tastier buds.

In you case, i would start flushing with high ph water 7 days before harvest , possibly longer.

Tasty bud is something to look forward to.
Sparkling nasty tasting overfed chemical bud is something I rather not own.
I rather dont get aquianted with people who prefer overferted shiny bud high yields over slightly lower yield and much more flavour.
but that's all just  my opinion
"New shit has come to light, man" -the big Lebowski
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2013 at 14:40
the thing with soil - coco is
soil is made a higher ph with lime (chalky), coco has already a high ph without lime, but in lime is magnesium inside wich is needed much by the cannabisplant, so a defficient of magnesium can occur with coco. yellow leaf tips in the headbuds which can indicate a early sign of magnesium  def.
plants need not much food in my opinion, canna vega has +/- NPK 4 :1 :3 (nitro/phos/potassum) the plants find this enough, canna pk 13 14 has 13/ 14 (Phos/Pot)
thats about 3 times stronger. Thats where problem starts, overfeeding.. pk 13 14 is given when the plants shows she is healthy and well willing to grow.
If plants grow well, thats a sign to give more food, all "chainparts"have to be good, temp, hum, food, if there is a weak part in the system, the trouble starts.
In this thread the plants look good, they are in my opinion at the maximum, although the leaf stems are circular which means in my experience the  plants can grow faster,
its always look at what the weakest chainpart is in the system..
( see my thread: the chain system)
the weakest parts can be ( not certain) temp stress, not dry out the soil before watering,or something else.
Its hard to give advise , i only can give my opinion, i do not know the complete system of  frankreynolds!

Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Frankreynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2013 at 14:36
Originally posted by Schwarzenegger

I think I understand whats going on hereThe ph range Martini refers to is for soilCoco needs a ph that is lower than soil.Optimally grown plants smell different from plants that are not so optimally grownIn nature you see that terpenes and flavinoids express themselves strongly in mor chalky surroundings.playing around with ph and slight underfeeding makes sure there is a lower amount of chlorophyl; heightening taste , diminishing chlorofyl count,.The best nutrient computers used in professional horticulture have a very nice downwards curve of ph and nutrients when fruit is ready.SOME strains have a few moments wich you need to switch ph .Coupled with a different watering regime it triggers bigger tastier buds.In you case, i would start flushing with high ph water 7 days before harvest , possibly longer.Tasty bud is something to look forward to.Sparkling nasty tasting overfed chemical bud is something I rather not own.I rather dont get aquianted with people who prefer overferted shiny bud high yields over slightly lower yield and much more flavour.but that's all just  my opinion

May I ask how acidifying my medium more so than the natural lowering of PH from breaking down of organic matter and cation exchanges? IE. can you explain to me how lowering ph even further would allow for better uptake of reservers of those nutrients being uptaken from the medium if they are locked out? I believe my coco goes through a natural ph upshift during its normal wet dry cycle. Again I believe in providing the plant with optimal conditions so that it can reach it's genetic potential, which means maximum chlorophyll leading to maximum turpene and flavinoid production. As they cannot be produced without the energy, and do you know how the plants energy is synthesized? well it starts with chlorophyll cells absorbing lgiht ;P without em no energy :D I am not too worried about chlorophyll ruining the taste of my bud, as I have self control and patience and cure the buds, allowing for breaking down of chlorophyll. I honestl take offence at those claims, and the fact that you back them up with piss weak anectodal claims makes me laugh at you. Now has it ever occured to you two as well that as Sara stated above, that is common gentic traits off the BD? ;P

martini mate, keep on keeping on, you do not make much sense to me. but that may be my fault ;P
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2013 at 10:56
i will keep on trucking!%3coving%20it
i remember a picture of the bd in the sensi brochure of 1997, it was a long internode plant, with good buds.
your plant has much more leaf, that can be positive, more light is uptaken.
i dont know it is not my profession, its my hobby to grow on my ownwise!
i didnt start in the middle of the road and tried to stay there, i did everything wrong , to learn from it!
so i am different%3chumbs%20Up
thats why i start in this thread, the plants look fantastic,
 my opinion is completely different than others.
do you know that nitrogen is best uptaken by a low ph and phosphor at a high ph?
and the 5.8 or 6.2 is the middle , all food is uptaken more or less then.
thats why i try to get in 12/12 a little higher ph, your plants took up the nitrogen very good, that is a signal of the ph. i do not work with equipment, i do everything by hand, like 100 years ago, thats my believe!
so there are 2 ways of growing, like strawberries, in a garden slowly and in a greenhouse quick more harvest, but wich one has the best taste?
so there are more than 1 opinion!
for the hobby i want good taste, not a high yield. thats my way of growing.
and what i like is to grow up bad plants to a succes, see my plant problem fotoos in the photo section. And my threads /diaries.
its not my goal that you will say, martini you are right, my goal is to let you think the things over to get a better weed.
you and swarzenegger are both, again in my opinion, science people, i am not.
i grow in my own way and i find your plants nice dark green and shiny, this must mean imo that the N is uptaken very well, could be an early signal..
 imo the ph is going down in 12/12 but i am not certain.
i hope you understand me and that you will overthink all posibilities to get the best harvest!
thats what the  forum is for!
cheers mate!
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2013 at 11:00
i looked again at your photoos, the veins are a little yellow in the buds and the leaf tips might get brown, a signal overfeed. just my opinion, and the plants are full of food, thats certain.
so i will say again, give water only once in a while! 
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Frankreynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2013 at 13:31
Yes I understand the levels of NPK able to be uptaken at different PH levels.

Now again please indicate why I should be feeding my plants less, I am very interested. As in normal horticultural situations, toxicities (too many nutrients layman terms) are provided as symptoms showing in the plants leaves and ultimately growth habit. As I am not seeing any of this, why should i be feeding less. Is it jsut because you believe chlorophyll affects taste so much so that you have decided it not as relevant as resin production?

You seem to not be coming up with any scientifically justifiable answers, rather anectdodal evidence from your growing career, I do take it on board, but I take all information I recieve on board doesn't mean i follow it ;P
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>