Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing > Indoor Grow Diaries
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Black Domina

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2013 at 02:04
Originally posted by martiniGR

my opinion is completely different than others.

It often is Martini... sometimes I think you live in another world, not jut another country.

do you know that nitrogen is best uptaken by a low ph and phosphor at a high ph?
Maybe in your world Martini, but here on Earth nitrogen is available in hydroponic set ups between pH 5.5 and pH 9.0. Nitrogen is by far the most easily accessible nutrient.

Now phosphorus is a little more finicky and only available between pH 5.8 and pH 6.5.

5.8 or 6.2 is the middle , all food is uptaken more or less then.

Actually... if you read the above you'll realise that pH 5.8 to pH 6.2 is perfect.

thats why i try to get in 12/12 a little higher ph,

I'm not sure what you are using for a root medium. Here it varies, some growers on this planet like to provide soluble nutrition to their plants. We call this hydroponics.

Both Frank and I use the fine fibre from a tree that grows widely through the tropical zone, the Coconut tree. The fibre (coco) makes a suitable medium for roots, especially when you add some light, porous stones we call perlite

In a coco and perlite mix you need to keep the starting pH at 5.8, if you were to raise the pH of the nutrient solution you would lockout calcium. Unfortunately, not much calcium is available over a pH 6.0.

your plants took up the nitrogen very good, that is a signal of the ph.

Actually, Frank is growing a plant that is known for it's dark foliage... so dark in fact we call it Black Domina. It has nothing to do with pH. As earlier mentioned nitrogen is available between pH 5.5 and pH 9.0.

i do not work with equipment, i do everything by hand, like 100 years ago, thats my believe!

This isn't about beliefs Martini, it's about the accuracy of what you are suggesting.

so there are 2 ways of growing, like strawberries, in a garden slowly and in a greenhouse quick more harvest, but wich one has the best taste?

Sweetness in strawberries is a combination of adequate light hours, adequate space and soil health... it's not related to the speed of fruiting. In greenhouses plants get less light and are more likely to be grown in cramped conditions, in the same soil, year in year out. Each of these factors will impact on sugar content.

so there are more than 1 opinion!

There are many opinions, but most of them are based on false beliefs and inaccurate information. Thus, not all opinions are equally valid.

again in my opinion, science people, i am not.
i grow in my own way and i find your plants nice dark green and shiny, this must mean imo that the N is uptaken very well, could be an early signal..
 imo the ph is going down in 12/12 but i am not certain.i hope you understand me and that you will overthink all posibilities to get the best harvest!
thats what the  forum is for!
cheers mate!

Here is to hoping that you will at least read the above bolded text and see where your opinions are inaccurate for growing cannabis under Earth conditions.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2013 at 10:35
Hi Sarah Louise!
i know you dont have or like books but my info comes from a simple dutch book "wietologisch handbook" written by Simon Vinkenoog, i lend the book to someone, so i cant show you but the first page had a schedule about all foods ferro, phosphor etc.
it dont complain the dark green color but the shiny thing..
as you know chlorosis for example starts at around ph 7 ( ferro isnt uptaken than anymore).
but phosfor is best uptaken at 7, but then you have chlorosis. so the middle is 5.8 or 6.2 for hydro.. if you are right , then simon is wrong.. not me!
 i use cocopotsoil, a combination.
 the thing is  i am worried about this grow, it remembers me , a grower DIM.... i dont know his exact name i will try to find him in the list and bring up his diary, evrything was going perfect, i warned him water sometimes inbetween, he didnt, at the end he had all problems.. i look forward to new pictures of this grow.
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2013 at 10:59
i accept the scientific growers but IT IS WEED, anyone can grow the plant, raisin the yield is possible but it is weed it grows by itself overdoing can harm the plant, i had only compliments about my weed, because i dont grow to the max. limit.
and if everyone can grow the plant, most growers are not special educated and they dont need it, that is good for sensi too i guess, the books of Ed are popular written, not scientific, it is a belief!! a child can grow the plant!
but if people with a higher grade grow the plant it is ok, but it is weed, the problems always start with giving to much. i really look forward to the plant photooos before harvest.

Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2013 at 23:31
Wietologisch is a book about growing cannabis, outdoors, in SOIL... Ph ranges for soil grown plants are DIFFERENT from pH ranges for plants grown in HYDROPONICS.

This is the simple point you keep failing to grasp.

Dim's plants did suffer from minor over fertilisation, as evidenced by the burnt tips and cupped leaves, but they never looked like the plants in this diary.
Frankreynolds View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Frankreynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2013 at 00:27
Thank you Sarah,

You put forth all the information I was trying to in a concise, effecive manner, you are an amazing writer :D

As for martini, I think we should jsut leave it at that, Tahnk you for your help. I will be finishing this thread soon with harvest pictures, and will move on to Jack Flash grow.
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2013 at 05:42
No worries Frank.

Looking forward to the harvest pictures. I will be down your way soon... we should catch up for coffee and a chat.
l0ld4ve View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote l0ld4ve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2013 at 02:33
Beautiful plants.
Schwarzenegger View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Schwarzenegger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2013 at 16:44
upping the ph a little just helps smoothing the taste; all ferts in the plant will be used.
No excess ferts are in the plants juices.
Thats all there is to it

The taste of a plant that has not been in optimal ph rangse last week seems usually a little less harsch

Thats all

maybe the BD is always shiny in moderately well circumstances..
"New shit has come to light, man" -the big Lebowski
billy bong View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote billy bong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2013 at 17:52
i know im jumping in in the middle of a discussion and i didnt read all the thread but i think its a bad idea PHing water at the end of flushung time.. will the ph acid contaminate the final product? depending on the medium you use like in coco for instance theres probably no new uptake of nutes in the coco after a few feeds with plain water..

harsh taste can come from a varitity of different things not just Phing. to short of a flushing time, to fast drying ect
billy bong View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote billy bong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2013 at 18:04
hey frank i read over the first pages and im wondering what extraction system your using ? your oscilating fan looks very small to me running a 600watt? i have used small fans before and ran into problems.. what are your day time temps, night time humidity levels?

sorry in advance if you have covered this already ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>