Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing > Indoor Grow Diaries
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Black Domina

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Schwarzenegger View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Schwarzenegger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2013 at 20:53
@billy bomg : upping ph  = thats LESS acid
so instead of adding acids or ferts , one just gives TAPwater.

"New shit has come to light, man" -the big Lebowski
Frankreynolds View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Frankreynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2013 at 05:58
Hey Billy,

I don't adjust my PH when flushing, it comes out of the tap at 7, on my Final flush I just added Mco Apply Maxx a myccorhizal innoculant to the reservoir, which i dont think has any effect on the ph.

As for the oscilating fan it may be small, but let me assure you on the lowest setting it moves too much air :D It is a loud little bugger as well, admittantly for the final few weeks i did put it onto the second setting for a bit more airflow, but I did start to see the suffocation of some leaves closest to the fan.

Too be quite honest I wasn't on top of my temps too much but max during winter would have been 20ish and lowest maybe 10 degrees celcius. As for the RH, I don't remember the average night time ones, although we have had a very dry winter and I believe the humidity levels were quitte low!
billy bong View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote billy bong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2013 at 13:46
ye i agree with you about PHing, i just mis read what you were saying.

ye the smaller fans make the most noise, the fan i used was the same size and thats all it did was create noise with no air flow.. i ended up getting mold using it thats why i was asking about your humidity :)..
Hash Driveway View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2013 at 23:47
Edit: didnt read the full diary %3cmbarrass%3cd%3co%20high

How's the smoke frank?
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2013 at 10:48
( and where are the pictures so i can see a line in the grow: are they well fed or to much thats the question that i have in mind)
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2013 at 02:27
Originally posted by Schwarzenegger

@billy bomg : upping ph  = thats LESS acid
so instead of adding acids or ferts , one just gives TAPwater.

That depends on the source of the tap water... although pH8 is common in many places for tap water... atm mine is coming out of the tap at pH 5.5. This is because there is a lot of snow melt in the water atm and snow melt is chock full of organic acids.

To add nutrients to the water I am having to use an akaline supplement or the pH drops out to 4.5.

Originally posted by Hash Driveway

How's the smoke frank?

I'll be able to tell you how it smokes tomorrow night... :D
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2013 at 14:27
Originally posted by Frankreynolds

Originally posted by Schwarzenegger

I think I understand whats going on hereThe ph range Martini refers to is for soilCoco needs a ph that is lower than soil.Optimally grown plants smell different from plants that are not so optimally grownIn nature you see that terpenes and flavinoids express themselves strongly in mor chalky surroundings.playing around with ph and slight underfeeding makes sure there is a lower amount of chlorophyl; heightening taste , diminishing chlorofyl count,.The best nutrient computers used in professional horticulture have a very nice downwards curve of ph and nutrients when fruit is ready.SOME strains have a few moments wich you need to switch ph .Coupled with a different watering regime it triggers bigger tastier buds.In you case, i would start flushing with high ph water 7 days before harvest , possibly longer.Tasty bud is something to look forward to.Sparkling nasty tasting overfed chemical bud is something I rather not own.I rather dont get aquianted with people who prefer overferted shiny bud high yields over slightly lower yield and much more flavour.but that's all just  my opinion

May I ask how acidifying my medium more so than the natural lowering of PH from breaking down of organic matter and cation exchanges? IE. can you explain to me how lowering ph even further would allow for better uptake of reservers of those nutrients being uptaken from the medium if they are locked out? I believe my coco goes through a natural ph upshift during its normal wet dry cycle. Again I believe in providing the plant with optimal conditions so that it can reach it's genetic potential, which means maximum chlorophyll leading to maximum turpene and flavinoid production. As they cannot be produced without the energy, and do you know how the plants energy is synthesized? well it starts with chlorophyll cells absorbing lgiht ;P without em no energy :D I am not too worried about chlorophyll ruining the taste of my bud, as I have self control and patience and cure the buds, allowing for breaking down of chlorophyll. I honestl take offence at those claims, and the fact that you back them up with piss weak anectodal claims makes me laugh at you. Now has it ever occured to you two as well that as Sara stated above, that is common gentic traits off the BD? ;P

martini mate, keep on keeping on, you do not make much sense to me. but that may be my fault ;P
your soil makes a downshift in the flowering period, that might be the thing i saw on the pictures, good uptake of nitrogen and less good of phosphor.
(source Canna food folder)
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL
billopuffalot View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote billopuffalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2013 at 00:54
nice fr
here she is day 21 1212
lovin her mate

sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2013 at 06:12
Originally posted by martiniGR

your soil makes a downshift in the flowering period

Again martini (or john boy if you prefer), you are missing the point - Frank is NOT growing in SOIL!!!!!

Hello bil, been a while since you posted around here. Nice to see you and your Black Domina - gosh and it has the same dark glossy leaves as franky's... who woulda thought that would happen?
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
billopuffalot View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote billopuffalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2013 at 09:06
hey Sarah Louise
yer been a while for me
thought as i had a sensi strain id showcase it here
ill do my own diary as not to hijack Frankys thread
yer all the dominas ive done over the years have always had very dark foliage
all except 1 pheno
take care
bil
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>