Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Systems - Setups, Equipment, Mediums
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Convertin to drip-system

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mazaar View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Mazaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Convertin to drip-system
    Posted: 12 December 2004 at 19:15

Hi..

My 430w philips closet-garden-Mazaar are standing proud in their 3.5ltr.pots, gloomin with crystals and promissin a nice harvest. I now know the exact date..The mixture Im growin in is apx. 1,5 part flamingo-balls(the small, round flying-around-everywhere-buggars), 2 parts hydro-clay(leca with a diameter from 4-8mm) and 1 part coarse/medium spaghum, OR soil used for germination, both in wich I have mixed dolomite and a bunch of traceelements.(havent really decided which soil is the better, the flamingo and clay provide loads of air to both..) Im usin A LOT(apx 2dl pr 5ltr soil) of dolomite, and my experiences are that this does not influence the growpatterns. Im doing it due to the magnesium and the ph-buffering capabilties. the ph starts around 7(never above due to the dolomite), and lowers slowly as Im living in an area with pretty hard and acidous water..

Im watering by hand every day using primarily boiled water(cant get enough demineraliced), and the mixture never apears soggy nor dry; it provides a perfect balance between water retaining and drainage.. When I harvest I measure the ph again, and I rely on the suggestion that the ph at all time has been somewhere between the two tests, provin it to be somewhere between 6.something-7(Im using strips wich I beleive arent really that acurate)My fertilizers are all hydroponics.. And the high is nice.. Not perfect, but as a novice(2-year-grower) I am proud of it.. But..

Can the description above easely be converted into a larger drip-system(6-8pcs 600w) suggestin I am using the same mixture and simply add a small pump to create a steady stream of dripping water, as long as the drainage remains? should I alter anything, such as my fertilizing paterns?(Im not using ec-meter, I decide(somewhat accurate) by looking) It took quite some harvests to reach the excact levels of nutrients, but are these levels the same in a drip-system?(the pots DO obtain the small amounts of exessive nutrients, - a stedy stream of water wouldnt, if changed regularely)

Should the drainage be increased? What about the ph? havent got any hydroponic experience at all, and everybody is talking about a lower ph in these systems. Would the dolomite-buffer(which I love) be "flushed" away by the drips? Or even necessary? Can I decrase my evey-theird-week-flush due to the constant "flush-effect" from the drips? Are the DP-strain Mazaar a wice choice for cashcroppin?(havent seen any larger turn-over so far as I easily smoke 5-10grams a day!) If not, any suggestions? And to that, a fertilizing-plan?(Bio-novas ARE NOT accurate!)

Or are there any kind of "traps" I have to be aware of before I lure my freinds into the expression that we easily can build a large self-obtainin garden together, and have them invest their(not mine) hard-earned money in the project.. It would be a hard one to explain why the entire first-harvest simply disappeard.. or even why we have to by somethin different than decided in the first place..

Best strain for cashcropping?
 Post Reply Post Reply