Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

overgrown

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
littlelou View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote littlelou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: overgrown
    Posted: 09 March 2007 at 20:15
my plants have grown 2 over 5ft but have gone really stringy.3 weeks into flower now and still growing up. wot can i do to slow this.as i havent got the room 4 them.   
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2007 at 20:51
Hi Littlelou, tie a bit of string to the main stem near the top of the plant and bend it over gently without snapping the stem. Cannabis always grows very fast in the first few weeks of flowering, some plants double in size, while others can increase five-fold or even more. Plants that grow this big should be put into flower when they're small.
"A rat race is for rats. We're not rats. We're human beings." - Jimmy Reid, RIP
littlelou View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote littlelou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2007 at 21:13
I did try this however the plant seemed to wilt and the leaves started to curl, my next grow im planning on applying this trik by growing under chicken wire. the results ive heard increases yield. is this the case. how tall do i let them get before doin this?
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2007 at 21:22
Fasten the chicken wire very tightly to the sides of the growroom about 12 inches above the top of the pots and then bend all the branches through the holes in the chicken wire as they grow.

Put them into flower when the plants take up around 75% of the available space and then continue to bend them for another week or so until the room is completely full.

You should end up with a lot of buds all growing at the same height. A very efficient way of growing.

PS: Bending the plant shouldn't cause any problems. I don't know why yours wilted and the leaves curled up. Normally, when you bend the top of a plant and tie it down, it turns back up towards the light within a couple of hours and continues growing perfectly fine.
"A rat race is for rats. We're not rats. We're human beings." - Jimmy Reid, RIP
 Post Reply Post Reply