Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Lighting
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Size for 600w?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hydrodon View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote hydrodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Size for 600w?
    Posted: 14 March 2007 at 22:52
High,

how big should the plant be until you can put it under a 600w lamp?
Especially, how long should the distance be between lamp and tiny plant?

thx
marijuana keeps me calmer, makes me smarter, burnin down the high way, the highest grade gettin to my head
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 22:59
You can put them under a 600w as soon as they start growing leaves, but keep them around 4ft away from the bulb. When they get stronger and have a few sets of leaves, move them closer. Once they have lots of leaves and a nice thick stem, you should be able to get them within around 2ft of the bulb without burning the tops.
"A rat race is for rats. We're not rats. We're human beings." - Jimmy Reid, RIP
hydrodon View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote hydrodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2007 at 11:37
thanks dude,

now i just gotta figure out how much 4 ft is in cm :)
marijuana keeps me calmer, makes me smarter, burnin down the high way, the highest grade gettin to my head
hydrodon View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote hydrodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2007 at 11:40
1,21920 m thats quit some distance but would make sense, better safe then sorry i guess
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2007 at 17:10
Hi Hydrodon, seedlings don't need strong light, so they'll be happier if you leave them that distance from the light. 600w is very strong. Once the plants are adults, the more light the better.
Scorpio View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Scorpio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 15:48
I am curious about distance as well. I am using a 600 hps and have tried various distances.I know I can get much closer than what Sensi recomends without burning but I wonder if I should be.My most recent crop of Shiva Shanti had the light about 18 inchs from the top and although they were extremely resenis . the buds were very fluffy and light. The overall yield surprised me {less than one ounce per 18 in high plant.} How can I get the buds heavier. I am in deep water hydro using DNF nutes according to the directions.Looking forward to suggestions.Thanks
holistic View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote holistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 20:32
i have mine slighty higher than recomended as they grow then this time they have streched even taller so that now they are only inchs from the 600w this is not good but a good rule of thumb is this if its two warm for the back of your hand under the lite then its to warm for plants
Check out Sensi Indoor Mix in Holistic's photo gallery!

Better to live one day on your feet than spend a lifetime on your knees.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 18:06
Scorpio, you did well to get one ounce from a plant that small. If you want to get bigger buds, grow bigger plants.

At the end of the day, the size of the buds doesn't matter. Harvest weight depends on the strength of the light you use (ie 250w, 400w, 600w, etc).You can grow a few big plants or a lot of small ones and the final harvest should be roughly the same.
 Post Reply Post Reply