Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

HELP TEMPERATURES

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
skfblues View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote skfblues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP TEMPERATURES
    Posted: 24 July 2013 at 19:22
I am about to chop down. My first dry and cure. I am worried about this london weather. Its 26 today!   anybody got any tips so i don't get a harsh smoke
cheers
norman wisdom
ganphati
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2013 at 11:04
dry with buds still on the stems on a rope, some wind and maybe let some leafs on the buds.. sorry i have to go now, time is up here...
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL
skfblues View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote skfblues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 09:11
I got some brown bags so will that help? Its my first dry and cure so i don't want to cock it up.
cheers
norman wisdom
ganphati
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 11:00
Hi, the bags help for curing, better taste but the heat can give rot or mold, i prefer a little air flow, if you keep the leafs around the buds , the buds are in dark then..
you should slow down the proces a little otherwise the buds are to fast dry and will have a heat taste. I prefer a box above the bags, you can make a rope in the box and hang the buds in there, once in a while open the box for fresh low humidity air..
All depending on how much time you have.
if its going to fast you can place it in a closed bag, the dry outside bud and the wet inside bud will be balanced and then open the bag again.., a bag has one problem, thc sticks at the bag.
hope this will help you  and succes with drying and enjoy your smoke!
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
skfblues View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote skfblues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 16:35
Thanks,
norman wisdom
ganphati
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 18:59
your welcome!
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2013 at 10:19
When it's warm, hang the plants to dry whole in an airy space. Don't remove the leaves and don't cut the buds off the stems. Trimmed buds will dry the fastest -  whole plants dry the slowest.

If I am not planning on growing again immediately, I will hang the plants inside the tent with the extraction fan running 24 hrs a day. The carbon filter controls the smell. if I am using the tent the plants are hung in a garden shed.

Once the stems are dry enough to snap, rather than bend, I trim the buds and place them in wide mouthed glass jars with good seals. Open the jars 24 hrs later and leave them to breathe for a few hours.

Repeat the process each day for a week. After that the buds are ready for long term storage.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
blackmore View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote blackmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2013 at 14:31
Idk, but 26C isnt much. Its not really that hot. But maybe thats because i live in a 30-32degree climate.

Theres nothing to worry about imo. The main concern while drying is humidity.

sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2013 at 03:00
Yeah, 26C isn't hot you or I Blackie... but for London that is quite warm. 
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
 Post Reply Post Reply