Cannabis Forum > Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum > Hashish
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Quick & Easy Hash Pressing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DriveBy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote DriveBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2009 at 16:13
Yep, it works, thanks G and %3co%20high
G0nzalez View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote G0nzalez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 12:00
Thanks alot! This will come in handy.
SINGAPORE View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote SINGAPORE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2009 at 22:51
HI GANJA HOW DO I GET THE STUFF NEXT TO THE EURO COIN WHAT PART OF THE PLANT DOES IT  COME FROM AND HOW DO I MAKE IT ETC I AM REALLY NEW TO THIS THANKS .
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2009 at 14:18
It's ice-o-lator, or water hash.

Hash is made from the collected resin glands which grow on or around female flowers.

The most common material used to make water hash is the small bud-leaves that are manicured from buds. These often have a lot of resin crystals, but are not always good to smoke.

The water hash method is easy, but it requires bags with a fine mesh at the bottom (specially made for water hash by a few different companies).

It's easier to make a dry screen. See the 'DIY Hash Maker' topic in the Hashish section.

http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6081
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Splifie View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Splifie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2010 at 19:16
yaaaaaaaaam Delicious can i try this? :Pp
Auto-Question-Bot View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Auto-Question-Bot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2010 at 00:38
look great id like to make sum but ill concore growing first
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 12:21
Growers who are interested in making hash can prepare by saving all their clip material from their first few harvests. The small leaves manicured from buds are the best source of resin, but larger leaves can be used as well.

The clip material is usually not much fun to smoke, so the best options are cooking with it or screening it to make hash. Cooking will probably extract the most cannabis and give the biggest effect, but good, homemade hash is more fun.

A compromise would be to use large fan leaves for cooking and all save smaller leaves with visible resin for making hash in the future.

Also: if saving clip material between harvests, it really should be kept in the freezer to keep the resin fresh and powerful.

alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 13:49
Hi ganja,i made some hash using above method,but the hash i ended up with was rock hard and not soft or squishy like i taught it would be.I collected the resin through a dry screen not the water method,is this the reason?It was superskunk trimmings i used and the hash was quite strong,it had a light blond colour to it, not a golden colour like in the thread above.
How do i make the end product more pliable? It was a nightmare trying to get it soft enough to roll a joint!
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2010 at 12:25
The softness of hash is pretty much based on its resin/oil content. Water hash gives the cleanest product, and many water systems catch resin powder at various grades (eg 190 micron, 160u, 120u, 73u, 45u and 25u).

When working with water hash powder of different grades, you'll notice that the ones in the middle (120u and 73u in my case, sometimes 45u) are the easiest to turn into soft, dark hash. The smallest screens catch dust without much resin content, while the largest catch some resin glands, but a lot of larger bits of plant matter. The two in the middle are usually mature resin glands and nothing else.

The other part of turning resin powder into soft hash is heating and working. Really good hash can be heated and folded by hand - body temp being enough to start it melting and the friction of folding and turning doing the rest. If hash turns black with the cellophane method at the start of this thread, that means it's pretty good.

Basically, heating makes resin glands softer, while working breaks the glands open and allows the resin to leak out, which is how true hash is made. I've had grades of hash that stick together in a dark, hard, almost crystalline structure with only a few minutes twisting in cellophane, but these were extremely good grades (made from buds rather than clip material). That hash became soft and pliable after being put in a large press- it was just as potent, but this was one time i almost regretted turning fresh powder into worked hash.

The thing about pollinator hash is that it's MUCH harder to stick together. The very first run (about 5-10 minutes) can often yield resin powder that's about as good as water hash. After this, the weed inside starts to break into small pieces and fall through the screen (which is why pollinator resin powder often has a greenish tinge). While weed is fine on its own, green matter in hash powder is considered contamination, as it interferes with the bonding process.

When pressing pollinator resin, I've only ever seen a few grades that turn directly into dark soft hash with the cellophane method. Most requires a lot more heating and working, and many grades never really turn into proper hash. They stick together enough to be a beige lump, but never become a homogeneous hash like resin powder that doesn't have plant matter in it.

To work difficult hash, one quick(ish) method involves cellophane, an electric kettle and a rolling pin (or heavy furniture).

Put the hash in the cellophane, twist tightly, then leave the wrapped ball suspended above the water of the kettle. Most electric kettles are able to trap the 'tail' of the cellophane in the lid, so that the ball dangles inside the kettle, well above the water. Boil the water and leave the ball in the kettle for a few minutes after it switches itself off. Now the resin will have been in a 100*C environment for 5-10 minutes, making it soft (this heat is too much for high quality hash, but fine for lower grades). Remove the hash, put it on a clean piece of paper and roll it hard with the rolling pin (or put it under a heavy piece of furniture). This may split the cellophane and allow the resin to squidge out, but that's fine.
When it's flat, pop it in the freezer for 5-10 min. Remove the flat, hard hash from the freezer, unwrap it and snap the flat piece into 2 or 4 pieces. Re-wrap (always save the cellophane from your cig packs, kids!) and repeat the steaming/rolling/freezing process.

After a couple of cycles, the hash should be more soft and pliable. Repeat as necessary. The lower the quality of the resin powder, the more cycles it takes.

Don't be tempted to leave wrapped hash in steam for more than a few minutes (ie over a saucepan of boiling water), as continued high temps can destroy even lower quality resin powder.

BTW, Alecky, I saw your noble attempt to talk sense to the MNS folks. Great that you tried, but it's a bit too much of a cult mindset over there to make any headway ("You dare to doubt SHANTI?"). I thought it was pretty funny that Jeesy (rhymes with cheesy) had to edit his own post after you responded!
Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2010 at 12:37
I can remember getting some hash, i got the feeling it might have been sold as "afghan" but i might be wrong. It was extremely hard, like you would break a tooth on it if you bit it, quite dark and speckled with almost black. When i burned it its almost like it expanded and it was light and fluffy like flour almost, coloured a very light coffee/orangy brown. Excellent long lasting high that made you very warm indeed. Only ever saw it once, was back when "rocky slate" was the norm, does that sound right? or could it have just been "good soap"? Hmm tbh the buzz felt right :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>