Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Flowering - Pruning, Training, Intensive Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

update: my ak47 in flowering for 14 days. hermis?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Monkey View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: update: my ak47 in flowering for 14 days. hermis?
    Posted: 11 May 2007 at 10:30
hi, till today i was very happy about my 10 ak47`S , i had none male, but now im a little afraid, the mainbuds on some plants look strange, and are very big for this time, my camera couldn`t really catch it, but if you might see something, i think they are hermis...Ouch
plz look in my gallary, the 3 last pics are new

monkey
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 11:31
Not sure... I can't quite make out the pics either.

13 of 13 looks okay, as does 11 of 13.

12 of 13 does look a little unusual, but it's a bit too blurry to make out. Those could be developing pods in the middle fo the bud, but they could also be unusually shaped calyxes.

I think you're okay, but leave it until you're sure. Even if they do turn out to have male flowers, they're not necessarily full-blown hermaphrodites. You could remove the mail bits and continue flowering female plants - staminate flowers may not grow back.

By coincidence, I found an intersexual plant this morning, but a 'reverse hermaphrodite' that I don't think I've ever seen before. This was a clone of a male (cloned for sex) that received 18 hours, then 12, then was moved to a window where it received daylight. A few days later, this confirmed staminate plant ahs a few pitils sprouting from the bracts. Cool!

I doubt if it'll be much use, but it's a nice reaction to see. Maybe the pollen of this plant would be handy to make special seeds ... but I'm not holding my breath.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Monkey View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 14:56
ok, thanks, i will see
i hope youre right,
thank you ganjaweed leaf have a  good smoke...
holistic View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote holistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 19:11
are they standed seeds or femmed seeds u grew from ? cud be a cause
Check out Sensi Indoor Mix in Holistic's photo gallery!

Better to live one day on your feet than spend a lifetime on your knees.
Monkey View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2007 at 19:04
its the regular serious seeds pack, nothing about femmed is printed on, so i don``t think, and i bougth them as regular, but now, ive killed 1 which looked very strange, the others look fine now
Q´sGhost View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Q´sGhost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2007 at 17:01
you see any sacks on your flowers or under the hairs ? on some plants you have very small number of sacks ( sometimes 1 or 2 ) these are bananas, but the plant is more female than hermie. watch out for these damn sacks, they look like corns and fall down when you push them. only be aware that the corns dont open ! at least I dont see any signs (like ganja wrote mayb a suspect) of hermies. dont para.
btw. the male (or hermie) signs should be sightable earlier than the females.
and the chances for a whole crop of hermies ... ist verschwindend gering !!
gd smke!
1 TIME FOR YOUR MIND, BODY AND SOUL !
 Post Reply Post Reply