Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Cultivation Problems
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Fungus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bowen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Bowen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fungus
    Posted: 11 May 2007 at 15:49
Having a problem here guys, theres a white fungus appearing on the top layer of soil in 1 of my pots, its sort of fluffy looking, i'm thinking this has to do with the cold temperatures at night?

I'll try to get a few pics up later on today

Bowen

Things are looking up.........grind through it and you'll get there :)
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 16:03
Hi Bowen, I often see this on my normal houseplants during the winter, especially the ones that grow on the window ledge. I've never seen the fungus spread to the plants and it doesn't seem to cause any harm, so I don't think you have anything major to worry about.

I think it's caused by low temps and high humidity. You could try increased ventilation or a de-humidifier to bring down the humidity, or maybe a very small heater to boost the temps at night-time.

I always set up my timers so that the light is switched on at night and heats up the growroom when the outside temps are low. The light switches off during the day, when the outside temps are higher, so the growroom stays relatively warm at all times...
"A rat race is for rats. We're not rats. We're human beings." - Jimmy Reid, RIP
holistic View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote holistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 19:34
yes me two less water more air in works a treat ussaly see it in my propigater at birth time for first 3-4 days then goes with fresh air never been a seroius prob thro keep growing bowen be gr8 to see some pics :)
Check out Sensi Indoor Mix in Holistic's photo gallery!

Better to live one day on your feet than spend a lifetime on your knees.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 15:20
Baking soda is a good way to mess up the pH balance of the type of fungus/mildew that grows on top of leaves and soil (distinct from the grey mould or botrytis, which grows inside buds and destroys them).

Surface mildew is not so much of a problem, and must progress much farther in order to damage plants. Also, you can see it as it progresses, instead of only detecting botrytis when it's already turning buds to grey slime.

Check the backs of your plants - any part of them that's not in regular view, or may not be reached by your fans. You may find colonies of powdery mildew on leaves that receive little or no moving air.

While moving air can spread the spores of mildew, those spores can't infect the leaves where they land if a breeze is blowing. Spores rely on being blown to places of static air, where they'll quickly develop into fungus that releases more spores. Having very good air circulation and/or regularly turning plants helps stop serious infestations of powdery mildew.

To kill the stuff growing on your medium, just cover it with a light dusting of bicarbonate of soda.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 15:23
Sulphur is a good, all-purpose fungicide, but I'm not too keen on the idea of covering a crop with it.
Sulphur is recommended as a solution by many cannabis grow books, but anyone using it should research the substance, as well as the method of delivery.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Bowen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Bowen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 15:25
Good to know guys, its seemed to regressed a bit or something, it dosent look as bad anymore.

Bowen
Things are looking up.........grind through it and you'll get there :)
 Post Reply Post Reply