Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Germination, Seedlings & Vegetative Growth
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

seedlings under lights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
blaske View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote blaske Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: seedlings under lights
    Posted: 15 February 2005 at 20:39
I got mazar plant and interesting me when I can put them on light?I got philips son t pia pro 400w!
20'Thai View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 20'Thai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2005 at 13:29

After 6weeks-8weeks of vegging healthy with an unclipped mainstem.

After 8-10weeks of vegging healthy if you have clipped the top of the mainstem - after the 8th node has formed BUT clipped at the 6th node.

I look at the world as all do, but I see something different

Always do RIGHT; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Okcorall View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Okcorall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 21:27

Second thread hi-jacked. Sorry for that, but i guess i must post more before i can make a thread?

GANJA - it's just that you're trying to post in the wrong area of the forums. This is the sub-section for useful old threads.

Go back to Indoor Growing or to any other main section of the forums.

I would like some advice on the time i should vege my plants before i induce flowering. I have 2 Skunk#1 seedingls and 6 Northern Lights x Haze.

Do these types prefer a shorter or longer vegging period? They are at 1 week now, and about 1 and a half/2 inches tall.

I have them under a 400W HPS grow light with reflector in my modified wardrobe.

Any advice from people who have grown these strains before would be awesome.

Thanks again!

holistic View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote holistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 22:05
hi Okcorall you should be able to post stright away ? anyway your plants can veg for 14 days to 30 days depending on the height you want them to finish at i put mine in when they have got 4 internodes normaly just under 12 inchs tall but with your strains you could put them on 12/12 after 14 days and im sure like mine will spring up nicely
Check out Sensi Indoor Mix in Holistic's photo gallery!

Better to live one day on your feet than spend a lifetime on your knees.
Okcorall View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Okcorall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 22:34

The highest my light will go is about 150cm. Bearing in mind it gets a bit hot, i dont want the plants too close to it, do i? What would be a good distance to have them from the light to prevent them from burning?

I would like to get the max yield possible, so i will try and let them veg for aslong as i can.

Also, i've been reading how foil is not good as a light reflector on the walls of the grow room as it causes hotspots. I have some brilliant white prima (the undercoat you use before painting a wall). Is this ok for reflecting the light, or do i have to use flat white paint?

Thanks guys. I really appreciate all this help.
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 17:31
OKcorral, you should keep the tops of the plants at least 40-50cm from the light.

If the pots are 20cm tall, this only leaves you with around 80-90cm of growing space.

Therefore, you should put the plants into flower before they reach 30cm. It would probably be safe to go for it when they hit 20cm.

Cannabis plants usually triple in height during flowering, but they often grow much bigger than this, especially when grown from seed.
"A rat race is for rats. We're not rats. We're human beings." - Jimmy Reid, RIP
 Post Reply Post Reply