Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Nutrient, Fertiliser and pH
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Nute help please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
twistoneup567 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote twistoneup567 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nute help please
    Posted: 16 June 2007 at 06:55

hey all, gotta another question. If a plant in the vegatative stage has purple/red stems and the bottom leaves continue turning yellow and dropping what nutrients is needed? im thinking more nitrogen and micronutrients but wanted to be sure first. I gave it a bit of fish extract like 5-0-1 or something like that a few weeks back and a tiny bit of 12-12-12 slow release plant food, soon after a few of the leaf tip were going yellow and brown but i ran lots of water through it and the minor problem has seemed to disappear. just cleaning up a small and newly spotted bug problem :( but ill get it sorted out. any ideas about wut nutes i should use?, and what the burning tips may have been cuased by. Im lookin for a good quality but cheap nutrient that can be picked up at my local hydroponic store, also we get lots of Green Earth growing products around here.  thx and happy growing so high

Forever Lovin Jah!!!
holistic View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote holistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2007 at 21:41
hi mate try and get some around 5/5/5 or even 4/6/8 give them a lil bit every other day red stems cud be just low nite time temps have a look here for more clues
Check out Sensi Indoor Mix in Holistic's photo gallery!

Better to live one day on your feet than spend a lifetime on your knees.
twistoneup567 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote twistoneup567 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2007 at 22:20
thx holistic , ur a great help. peace
Forever Lovin Jah!!!
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2007 at 11:53
Purple stems and yellow older leaves is a probably caused by a lack of potassium or phosphorus.

Remember, most nutrient deficiencies are a result of bad pH levels, over-watering, over-feeding, over-heating, small pots etc, etc, etc. All of these can prevent a plant from taking up nutrients, even when the nutrients are available in the soil.

Do not add extra nutrients unless all the other factors are perfect and you are sure that they are not the reason for the problem.
"A rat race is for rats. We're not rats. We're human beings." - Jimmy Reid, RIP
holistic View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote holistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2007 at 20:57
thanks mick you have such a better way with words than i do :)
and your so wright you should know what your feeding your babys and when other wise its so easy to over feed them or under feed them the thing is i think we all have to over fedd over water etc at least once so you know what your doing wrong in short its all a learning curve oh and i think like soma spending time with your plants evry day is very important see what mood there in etc anyway happy growing and many thanks to all at sensi for there kind words and advice.
holistic
Check out Sensi Indoor Mix in Holistic's photo gallery!

Better to live one day on your feet than spend a lifetime on your knees.
 Post Reply Post Reply