Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Seeds, Genes & Strains
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

my grow diary....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
beer n buds View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote beer n buds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2007 at 18:52
nice!
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2007 at 18:59
That's great work Jonney, even better given that it's your first crop. What height was she to finish with?
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2007 at 20:16
Nice job Jonney. Looks very nice indeed.
Green-Thumb Growing
Jonney View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Jonney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2007 at 21:03
cheers again lads!!

she finished a little small at 72cm.
"It is possible that a certain amount of brain damage is of therapeutic value."

Dr Paul Hoch
------------------------------
Jonney View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Jonney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2007 at 18:21
well time for a smoke report.

i've just finished a 1gram blunt between me and my mate.

i'm completely out of it... borderline whitener almost.

one conclusion.. it's stromg!

weed%20leaf

Dr Paul Hoch
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2007 at 21:12
Lol, great stuff Jonney! How does it taste?
Green-Thumb Growing
Jonney View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Jonney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2007 at 23:14
jesus i lost it a while ago... back to earth now.

it's a very sour harsh smoke.... not unpleasant but not great, nice stone, narcotic but functional.

weed%20leaf

Dr Paul Hoch
Jonney View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Jonney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2007 at 18:26
yeah so i'm happy with my first grow, got 58grams of dry bud from 1 skunk finishing at 72cm in height.

not great but i know where i could have improved things. new crop is on the go so it won't be long huzza!

Dr Paul Hoch
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2007 at 20:13
Why is the weed we are growing not tasting so great? Must be doing something wrong. My skunk didnt taste of much, but the taste it did have, wasnt that great. Again, not unpleasent, but not that nice.
Green-Thumb Growing
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2007 at 20:52
I must say, I've never had a problem with the taste of any cannabis plant I've grown. Some skunks can have an unpleasant smell and taste, but the modern ones are usually quite fruity. Packing the buds in sealed glass jars for a few months will usually improve the taste.

It could be that your plants still had lots of nutrients stored in the buds when they were harvested. Or maybe something to do with chlorophyll (the substance that makes the leaves green). I'm just guessing here though, not an expert in biology.

From my own personal experience, drying cannabis quickly (either by using heat, wrapping it in paper or freeze-drying) will usually make it taste bad. The leaves usually taste disgusting if you smoke them as well, but I'm presuming you guys are smoking some big fat resin-coated buds and not the foliage. (I think the resin probably contributes a lot to the taste of the bud).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>