Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Outdoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

looking for 20" thai

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
anyhandle View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote anyhandle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: looking for 20" thai
    Posted: 14 March 2005 at 17:56
Im an o.z and need a little advice. im interested in starting plants inside in a 400 wat chamber and throwing the buggers outside to bud. From what i can gather one of the ruderalis plants is going to be the best option here, if using a ruderalis plant i take it i cant take clones. Im wondering if thier are any fundamentals floors in this plan. Im figuring if the plant is not dependant on photperiods then i should be able to get away with it and bud outdoors all year round. Ive seen your post around and get the feeling you know your sh*t in relation to such matters. Ill be growing in south east queensland, which is good weather al year round. Got any clues or hints or fundamentals assumptios ive f**ked up on cheers, anyhandle.
Always have one foot dancing
anyhandle View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote anyhandle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2005 at 14:50
Just got your reply of the the seeds and genes post, bit fuzzy on the strains you mentioned, i would prefer to just grow in veg and throw outside which is why im thinkin ruderalis skunk. Any preferences from experience, your obviously familiar with the laws in o.z and being able to grow in chamber and move into bushland removes a lot of risk. Do you know of a good hybrid, that will go from veg state to budding just from the indoor lighting regime to natural outdoors. Probably pushing my luck but i would like something witha big yield also. Thanks for any assistance, got any photos of the breeds your hybridizing Cool jeff
20'Thai View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 20'Thai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 14:22

Hi AH,

When I saw the title to this post, I was hoping it was BritneySpears or ZetaJones asking.  Oh well...

It seems you are not too ofae with the terminologies I used pertaining to newage and old strains.  Let me see if I can clear it up for you.

When we say hybrid, we are refering to any and all crosses that are available in most all seedbanks today.  In that the hybrid-strain is one that is crossed to be created and almost always means that both indica and sativa genes(RNA) have been used to create it.  It the truest sense of the word, a hybrid is any strain that has been created by crossing disimilar genepools for the very first time.  Hence the term F1 or FS1 hydrid.  As the offspring can often display a vigour of growth in its' first generation that is greater than either or any of the parents/genopools used in its' creation.  Every subsequent generation thereafter, F2 F3 etc, slowly loses this incredible vigour as a result of its inherent hybrid instability, unless it is carefully and meticoulasly stabilised from the first generation.  Hence eventually after numerous consecutive generations of backcrossing to the appropriate F1 mother using the prefered 'sequential and/or successively' grown fathers(which can also be successive cousins for thorough captivation of the entire bandwith of the F1 genopool),  we can evetually arrive at a stabilised strain that has almost ALL its f1 vigour eternally thereafter.  This can also be termed an IBL (individual Blood line).  As ther are TWO ways of obtaining such a catagory of strain.  One is by manmade intervention by backcrossing correctly to achieve full stability - the other is by decades and sometimes centuries of inbreeding the exact or desired genopool till it settles and remains that way thereafter.  Though there is a distinct difference between the two.  The manmade one, if done correctly, stabilises the resultant strain at its' peak in vigour - if done properly.  The other, stabilises it at a lower level of vigour - given the genopools used.  Though once again, if the strains involved in the inbreeding stabilisation had outstanding vigour to begin with, they could end up with more vigour than a man made stabiliser utilising starins if lesser vigour.  The entire process is one that we must be careful in decided which creates the better offsping - as they both can depending on all variance involved.

But what you need to know is that the strains that are either pure unstabilised or stabilised hybrids, are the ones that respond best to what I told you in the other thread:

But if you wish Jeff, you can work it with any Hybrid or pure indica strain, so long as the hybrid has no more than 85% sativa in it.  If you wish you can grow anything that falls into that catagory, but vegg it well and establish it before flowering is intended.  8 weeks plus in a sizeable pot for vegging is good.  So long as the last 1-2weeks prior to striking the plant is transplanted into its' final and large pot to maximise stretch and therefore overall yield is high. 

But it's very important that when you want them to start preflower prior to putting them out, that you cease feeding them N the week or two before to facilitiate in flowering preperation by inreasing the flowering hormones in the tips of the plant as much as possible.   Moreso important is that you Night the plants for 2days straight before outing them to finish as this kicks in flowering much better than not having done it at all.  You will notice a distict change in the plants metabolism and looks after this 2days of complete darkness prior to outing.  If you can, prior to outing and after the 2day night, veg 'in' again for 12hours max, and then one more full day of night before outing.  They will then start flowering in no time outside - irrespective of photoperiod crement.  Watch you do not give them more than 2 days of straight darkness as 3days will trigger herming tendencies in many strains.  That includes mailing clones in dark boxes that take 3 or more days to arrive and be opened, exposing them to light again.  Some strains are worse than others in this.

So for instance...the hybrids and or IBLs that you can use to do what I explained to you as above,  are the strains that most the seedbanks and breeders on the world market sell to all.  That includes Sensi Seed, DPassion, Greenhouse, Serious Seeds, MrNice(Shantibaba), Reeferman...and the list goes on and on.  Feel free to try what i outlined above in blue writing with any strains from these breeders or banks.  It will work like a charm.

As for strains with lifeperiods dominated by their Ruderalis inclusion, clones are not possible.  As the clone will still commence its' flowering irrespective of size or photoperiod if the critical chronological age has lapsed from sprouting of the seed.  You can take a clone just prior to flower, but you'd end up wioth a plant that was one tiny bud...ie small bonzai. Which is useless for proper yield.  The only thing one can do to get around this is to firstly seed out their first generation to obtain many seeds which they then use slowly over time to create their plants.

As for the RuderSkunk - let's not forget that only half its' offspring behave as a pure Ruderalis does.  The others grow similarly to a skunk, not a Ruderalis. 

If you want to get serious with this, by all means go for the RuderSkunk, but keep in mind that if the outdoor photoperiod in in its' fast state of incrementaion, the Skunk biased offspring may not trigger flowering as easily as its' Ruder biased ones.  BUT, if you do what I mentioned above, all of them will begin flowering as would any hybrid, after 2-3 days of nighting prior to placing outdoors.

I hope you understand the main essence of that - or the essence of what is relevent to you.  IOW, you are not making any bad fundemental assumptions other than that half of your offspring will flower, and the other half won't till much later - unless vegged for a long time prior to placing outdoors and their roots have begun rootbounding in their pots.  Which in itself is not a good way to go as they need  unbound roots to yield well.  But as for making clones out of Ruder biased strains - no can do.  Lest thy desire Bonzai.

Take care Jeff.

I look at the world as all do, but I see something different

Always do RIGHT; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
anyhandle View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote anyhandle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 14:41

yeah cheers mate, will put all knowledge into action and share the love. thanks again jeff.

Post Reply Post Reply