Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Afghan Kush Grow Diary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 22>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2007 at 23:29
Nice one Solidopc, it's always pleasing when those ladies start flowering proper. That period when you can see the buds getting bigger every day and watch a few ounces of weed materialising in front of your front eyes.
Jonney View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Jonney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 00:05
jesus! he's set himself up for some christmas present!! no doubt the stocking at the end of your bed will be full of weed!
"It is possible that a certain amount of brain damage is of therapeutic value."

Dr Paul Hoch
------------------------------
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 23:54
As expected, the last had pistills today. So 7 definate females, 4 of them AK's.

Will add some photos of the 7 ladies soon.
Green-Thumb Growing
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2007 at 12:16
Here are some pictures of my seven female plants.

The two big ones at the back, are both Breeders Collection, the one on the left is the nice smelling sativa looking one, the other, an indica dom one.

All the rest of the plants, apart from the one on the far right in the middle row are Afghan Kush females.

I've added some pictures of the female flowers starting, you can see the pistills if you look close.
Green-Thumb Growing
Jonney View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Jonney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2007 at 17:39
sweet!

what height were they when you put them int flowering?
"It is possible that a certain amount of brain damage is of therapeutic value."

Dr Paul Hoch
------------------------------
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2007 at 20:19
The tallest AK was 14 inches, the smallest was 8 inches. The two large Breeders Collection were much faster growing than the AK, and were about 16 inches when i started flowering, and have jumped up more than the AK.

Today is day 7 of 12/12.
Green-Thumb Growing
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2007 at 18:42
OK, bit of an emergency, could do with some good advice.

I have found what i believe to be fungus knats lurking about in my grow room. They are obviously laying eggs in my soil. What do i do?

I have put a thick layer of perlite on the top of the soil, and i have some Hydrogarden : Neem Repel.

Is this the correct stuff, and how do i apply it? And the million dollar question, will it work?

They dont appear to be having an impact on my plants yet, but i want to get them early. Ive heard off a few people how these things drove them to growing in hydro. Help me please!!!
Green-Thumb Growing
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2007 at 23:24
Judging from your other post, you've already found good advice somewhere else, but just to reassure you, fungus gnats aren't a huge problem. A few of them won't cause any damage to a fully-rooted plant.

I always have to put up with these little bastards every time I grow a crop, but they're really stupid and slow insects and they're quite easy to kill with your hands. They also fly kamikaze-style into the light-bulb, or land on the buds and get stuck to the resin.

It's probably good to put a few sticky traps in the growroom and make sure you don't overwater the plants. If they're in big pots, they should really only need watering every 4-5 days. That Neem Repel stuff should work as well, but neem tends to smell absolutely awful, which isn't a good thing for a home-grow.
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2007 at 01:46
Thanks Mick. Thats very good to know. If you can still get a good harvest with them, then hopefully i can too!

They seem to have decreased allready after spraying. I havnt seen any the last couple of times ive been in.

Just need to keep them at bay until harvest, then have a real good clean out. Thinking of using Bio Biz light mix next time, and im not using any thats been left open.

Anyway,onto day 9 of 12/12. Pistills forming rapidly now.

Question on pruning. Should i prune the lower growth off my plants? Alot of it, is very droppy and sad looking, and it gets in the way of watering. Would i be doing my plants any harm to remove all these lower brahces?
Green-Thumb Growing
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2007 at 11:11
I usually remove the bottom 2-5 pairs of branches, depending on their growth and potential yield.

If some of those branches are making it up to the level of the well-illuminated top buds, they can produce some worthwhile weight by the end of harvest.

If the branches are unlikely to outgrow the slightly shaded area around the middle of the plant, it's often best to trim them away.

Also, don't worry about fungus gnats. They won't harm your plants. The adults are attracted to decomposing tissue (like fruit flies), not healthy green tissue. The larvae may cause some damage to roots in a super-heavy infestation, but they're very unlikely to get to this stage in an indoor garden.

We find them living in the algae that grows on the very top layer of rockwool that's irrigated (gently) with hydro feed water. The rockwool and the nutrient make a perfect growing environment for algae as well as cannabis. The larvae of the gnats only seem to live in the algae that forms a very thin layer on top of the rockwool, not in the medium itself.

We have sticky traps near the lamps (for all possible flying pests, not just gnats), but we don't end up catching very many adults because:
a) there aren't too many
b) they don't fly very high.

If you do want to control adults with sticky traps (or get an idea of your population of fungus gnats), put traps close to the growing medium
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 22>