Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Afghan Kush Grow Diary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 22>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2007 at 14:59
BioGrow is made from molasses, so you're already feeding it to them without realising it. Be careful about adding extra stuff to the soil. If the plants are green and healthy, then it's best not to mess about with the feeding schedule.

(And they look very green and healthy by the way, congrats!)
Jonney View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Jonney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2007 at 15:22
very sweet man!!

weed%20leaf
"It is possible that a certain amount of brain damage is of therapeutic value."

Dr Paul Hoch
------------------------------
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2007 at 19:58
Oh interesting. Is the bloom and top max made from mollases aswell?

Seems funny that the grow is, because the way i understand, is mollasees are best used towards the end of flowering, and id assume id stop feeding grow by then.

Where can you see a list of what is in the bio boz stuff then? It doesnt give much info on the bottle, and certainly doesnt mention mollases. I'd like to know whats in all the ones i have.
Green-Thumb Growing
Jonney View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Jonney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2007 at 21:57
it kinda smells like mollases!

weed%20leaf
"It is possible that a certain amount of brain damage is of therapeutic value."

Dr Paul Hoch
------------------------------
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 14:26
I dont know if im going off my head, but im on a major paranoia now. I have found these powdery marks over the spots where the lower leaves have gone brown. They are quite small and had to see, but i was wondering if it was powdery mildew?

Am i round the twist? Do all lower leaves that recieve hardly any light get brown spots and go cripsy at the end? This white stuff seems to be on all of the parts that have gone brown.

When the light is off, things get quite humid in the grow box, which is a good condition for these fungi things.

Can you guys see anything in these pics? These are the worst affected leaves. They dont look that bad, but im sure i can see these little white power things on it.

Am i just over reacting? Or am i in the starting stages of some fungi disease?
Green-Thumb Growing
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 17:50

1. I don't know what ingredients are in BioBloom and TopMax. I only know about the molasses thing because a former forum member emailed BioBizz and they told him it was made from molasses.

2. As far as I know, molasses helps the plant take up nutrients. It also contains nutrients, as well as sugars that the plant uses as food. BioGrow should be added at all stages of growth, right up until the second-last watering before harvest.

3. The thing with the leaves definitely sounds like some kind of fungus. I have no experience in dealing with such problems, but the usual advice is to get a cloth, wet it with alcohol, and rub the powdery residue off the leaves. I'd imaging this would require a lot of patience. I think you can also sprinkle baking soda on the affected areas, leave it for a while and then wash it off with a good spray of water.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 18:12
Could be powdery mildew. Not the worst fungus, but better to nip it in the bud if at all possible.

if it's affecting mostly lower leaves, I'd gently remove them, as they're probably going to fall off soon anyway.

Give healthy surrounding leaves the baking soda treatment as recommended by mick, and you should be able to get rid of mildew before it sets in.

Also, a good breeze all through the room is a good way to stop mildew from taking hold. Even though the spores are blown about by fans, they can't land and take root on leaves that are regularly shaken by air circulation.

If any plants have to sit in places where the air doesn't move as much, give them a turn a few times in flowering, to stop mildew springing up on the 'dead air' side.
Alternatively, get another small circulation fan - the 20-30cm desk models and small tower fans are cheap as chips; nice work China!
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 19:23
Do you think it is a fungus from the pictures? Its only happening to the very lowest leaves, and more confusingly, its happening by leaves right by the fan, which you say would stop the spores rooting.

I'm keeping the fans on timers now during the dark period, so it doesnt get too still and damp in there, i'll also do the baking soda thing, and hopefully it will go away.
Green-Thumb Growing
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2007 at 23:45
Ok, got the baking soda. How much should i mix with a 500ml spray bottle?

I have taken off the lower affected leaves, and trimmed off some more of the lower bud sites to promote more growth on the top.

The AK are now starting to distinguish themselves from one another. Up until now, they all looked very similar. I have 4 AK's.

2 of them have long horrible internode spacing, and have strecthed much more than the other two. They have quadroupled in size. The smallest AK was 8 inches when i started flowering, and it is now 31 inches. The other one was about 10 inches and is a bit shorter at 29 inches.

The other two AK are quite intersting. They are only similar in the fact that they have only doubled in size. They started at 12-14 inches and are now 26 and 27 inches.

They both have quite short internode spacing but one has extremely short spaces between nodes, and is very very bushy. This is the one that i have cloned.

The other has nice short internode spacing aswell, but not quite as nice as its sister. This one however looks like it has alot less foliage and is less bushy. With not as many main budsites, but still an impressive plant.

I dont know if that stuff is interesting to anyone else but myself. *laughs*

I would like to know how the two tall ones can have quadroupled in size?  I thought this was a pure indica. Where the heck does all that stretch come from? The tallest one was right under the light aswell, because when i started flowering it was the shortest plant!

Is there some dormant sativa in or skunk in the  background of this strain?

Anyway, its all good, i have two very nice specimens indeed, they look lovely and have good traits. The other two i hope will still produce some grade a shit, but i cant see the buds forming into one long cola on these stretchy ones. There's like 3 inches between nodes!
Green-Thumb Growing
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2007 at 01:47
Some plants stretch more than others, that's just the way it goes. It doesn't necessarily mean the plant is more sativa-dominant, it's just not the classic indica growth pattern.

Lack of light, lack of space, high temperatures can all make a plant stretch more than normal, and some plants might be more vulnerable to stretching in these conditions than others. Plants grown from seed also stretch more than clones.

Personally, I've never grown a plant that didn't at least quadruple in size during the flowering period, even indica-dominant hybrids. One of my ERSBs increased from 10inches to 60inches and I'd still describe it as mainly indica.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 22>