Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Outdoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Growing outside in a greenhouse

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cliecost View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote cliecost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2007 at 18:34
Originally posted by connery

I like the idea of the automatic window .  The fans are worth!  First to reinforce the plant, second to move the air and avoid hot areas, third preventing the mould.  Germination is a delicate phase, I can only recommend not to wait when you see the small white root and put soon the seed in the soil.  

What do you mean by 'not to wait when you see the small white root and put soon the seed in the soil'?

Yeah the windows are pretty good, they work on air pressure you attach the cylinder to the window (where the usual window arm is) calibrate it with a knob that is at one end of the cylinder it then opens the window when the heat reaches the temp you set it at. Here is a link to a site that sells them: http://www.harrodhorticultural.com/HarrodSite/pages/category/category.asp?ctgry=Greenhouse+Equipment_Ventilation&cookie_test=1
cashcrop View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote cashcrop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2007 at 21:20
hi cliecost,

i have been growing in the greenhouse now for many years, and have had good results.

i also have the jemp vent automatic window opener which is very useful, for letting air in and out of the greenhouse. 

from my personal experiences i would not buy a fan to move the air around because those two windows will do all that for you.  for a extra vent keep the door of the greenhouse open / or half way open (if your nieghbours can see).

there are lots of things you can buy for the greenhouse  i.e  vented stuff and window attatchments,  and solar powered fans but these can be expensive but very much worth it . some things you can get from ebay for a good price take a look at some of the greenhouse stuff there.

for the cold nights i have insulated the greenhouse with bubble wrap which you can fit very easily with clips that fit into the cold frame and then clip onto the bubble wrap which fits nicely round the inside of the windows plus this stops any nosey people from seeing your crop and will retain some of the heat on cold nights. ( i got this idea from a nieghbour of mine who has been growing plants veg for many years and still does).

i have never used a heater because i have found it is hard to keep a stable temp because of the automatic window opener, so as soon as the temp rises in the glass house the window opens and lets all the cold back in so i gave up on that idea and now found alternative ways to do it.

i am not saying dont go and buy this stuff, as it will help you with your grow and have many benifits. but if you are a first time grower try a few things out  first b4  rushing into things as its all about trial and error.

CuThumbs%20Up

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
connery View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote connery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2007 at 02:48
[
[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by 'not to wait when you see the small white root and put soon the seed in the soil'?

Yeah the windows are pretty good,
[/QUOTE]
 germination: see the faq if you want to follow the method suggested by sensi.  I mean, as far as my experienced is concern of course,  if you wait even one or two days more and the root are formed it is quite difficult for the seed to grow.

windows: Good tool indeed.   I will buy that window next year.  Now the greenhouse is like a forest and I cannot work in. 
shane View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2007 at 14:02
hi m8, only just seen ur post !
I wouldn't be without my oscillating fan in the greenhouse personly but my neighbours r real close so i dont like to leave door open, and the movement of air in the greenhouse has really helped combat budrot, i would still go for a plant that finishes early m8, from experience I have learnt I have to "fanny" about lookin after my super skunk in the final weeks (mid Oct) so I think i'll try  one ofthe "early" seeds next year
get that sun on it :-)
cliecost View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote cliecost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2007 at 15:15
Originally posted by shane

hi m8, only just seen ur post !
I wouldn't be without my oscillating fan in the greenhouse personly but my neighbours r real close so i dont like to leave door open, and the movement of air in the greenhouse has really helped combat budrot, i would still go for a plant that finishes early m8, from experience I have learnt I have to "fanny" about lookin after my super skunk in the final weeks (mid Oct) so I think i'll try  one ofthe "early" seeds next year

What type do you think will be best to grow in a south facing greenhouse (that has been used before to grow tomatoes and kiwis) is in the countryside (so neighbors are not too close lol) and right in the south of England? What strain?

I was told its best to go for weed outside and not skunk because skunk requires a lot of attention.
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2007 at 16:04
Any of the Outdoor or Indoor/Greenhouse strains from Sensi Seeds will grow fine in your set-up...
shane View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2007 at 17:15
well, skunk imo is only difficult if ur not interested in spendin a few mins a day in the greenhouse.
there are so many benefits to regular checking of ur grow compared to trying to automate it as much as possible
super skunk is quite simple to grow, the only trouble i have had is that it ripens mid to late october which is when dampness can creep up fast n rot ur best buds!
next year im gonna try something that finishes in september so i make my growing experience less of a risk to rot
I am thinking of trying something like Early girl or early pearl
get that sun on it :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12