Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Outdoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Actual photos, when to harvest?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dadoo0 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Dadoo0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2007 at 09:35
Hi !

Hope you can help me with this urgent problem. ..
So at the weekend the temperature will surely fall below zero centigrades.(-1..-3) . I think my plant would require 1 or 2 more weeks before the last harvest. Do I have to harvest before the outside temperature fall below 0? After the harvest does it matter if the buds are drying at the same circumstances?(between -2 ... 15 centigrades). How do the frost actually effect the buds? My plant is shiva shanti II and it is growing outside.
Thank you for your replies!
Bye, dan
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2007 at 10:53
Hard to be sure. You must be a long way north if the temperature is dipping below zero in the days ahead.

In cool temps, plants slow or even stop their growth. This slowing probably affects their internal cannabinoid producing mechanism as well, though I think it would not be affected quite as much as physical growth.

Cool temps will not affect the quality of the existing resin/cannabinoids, and may slow the breaking down of THC into CBN.

For the plant as a whole, short periods of subzero temps should not be a huge problem. You might see some purple colouring from Shiva Shanti as a result of low temps.

If subzero conditions are likely to continue next week, it might be a good idea to harvest early.

If it's just a dip in temperature, it's probably okay to have your plant(s) out for another week or two.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
20'Thai View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 20'Thai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2007 at 12:50
A quick rule of thumb of harvest time when growing outdoors is when most if not all the large fan leafs on the plant have yellowed, dried and /or withered and the buds become 'prickly' on the hand when you wrap it around them and gently sqeeze them.  Up until before that time they are soft to the touch, then suddenly one day they become prickly. 
When they become firm/hard-ish and prickly to the hand, they are good enough to take.
I look at the world as all do, but I see something different

Always do RIGHT; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Dadoo0 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Dadoo0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2007 at 17:34
Thank you very much guys for your answers! Actually I live around the 47'th latitude.
The temperature is going to change between -2 and 15, during night and day. Many leaves turned purple so far. Only 11 hours of sunlight can reach the plant in these days maximum, and it is decreasing. The weather is cloudy... I think I will harvest at the end of the week. 

bye, dan
urbandurban10 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote urbandurban10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2007 at 10:01
same by me....we had this weekend temperatures around 0...-1 degrees, and a lot of rains during daytime when the temperature was around 8-12 max.. some of the buds already have mould on them, many of the big leaves,more than half turned yellow, but the bud isn t quite ready yet, i mean, the hairs haven t even turned brown yet, still white,but there is a lot of resin though.
 the week to come isn t going to be better....no sunny days, still raining, only the minimum temperature it is said to be higher than 0.
i thought harvesting next weekend,what do you think?am i risking, should i do it earlier?
Everything you can imagine is real. (Pablo Picasso)
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2007 at 23:22
It's probably best to chop them down before the mould gets them, especially if there are signs of mould on some buds already. Chop off the mouldy buds first and dry them separately from the rest of the crop. If any of the buds are starting to rot, cut off the affected parts and throw them away.
noreply View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote noreply Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2007 at 20:48
The Durban from the photos is still outside, even if we had some days already temps below 0. I trust she will survive until the weekend, then I am most probably pulling her out. There is in fact some purple colouring, but otherwise she looks still nice and healthy.
urbandurban10 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote urbandurban10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2007 at 12:23
Originally posted by farmer mick

It's probably best to chop them down before the mould gets them, especially if there are signs of mould on some buds already. Chop off the mouldy buds first and dry them separately from the rest of the crop. If any of the buds are starting to rot, cut off the affected parts and throw them away.

thanks mick.this weekend i have the time and the space for harvesting and drying but the weather isn t on my side again.temperatures were a bit higher during the week but today started to rain and it keeps raining the whole weekend.is there a higher risk when harvesting a wet plant?i mean if i hang them in a dry place with a fan blowing is it enough for the mould not to spread?and does the rain affect the resin on the bud(if harvested when is wet)?
Everything you can imagine is real. (Pablo Picasso)
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2007 at 16:08
It would be best to harvest in dry weather, because a wet plant will take longer to dry and will be more susceptible to mould. Heavy rain can also wash resin from the plant while it is growing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12