Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Outdoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

question with seeds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
larin View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote larin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: question with seeds
    Posted: 25 October 2007 at 23:33
Hi im very new to growing havent grown a plant yet.

i wanna start an outdoor crop by a creek, wonderin what you think about that

also can a plant be grown just by digging a hole and planting a seed? or do you have to put the seed in a pot and let it become a baby and then transfer in the earth?

what chemicals or special soil should i use for my seed, or should i just use the natural earth for my seed.

as i said im very new, i dont know which type of seed to start out with i was thinking jamaican pearl, or early pearl.. because it seems like a nice type and great yeild.

so please help me out i would appreciate it alot

THANKS GUYS

farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 17:56
1. You should keep the seedlings in pots until they have strengthened up - wait until they're at least 30cm tall before planting in the ground.

2. You should dig a large, deep hole and fill it with good-quality soil that drains well. You can make your own mix from compost and manure and other ingredients. Perlite is good for improving drainage.

3. Seed choice depends on where you live. All the Sensi outdoor strains are bred to grow in Northern Europe. If you live further south (like Spain), you could probably grow any of the strains in the Sensi catalogue.
larin View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote larin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 19:00
i live in canada ontario

also when i just get t he seeds, do i have to sprout a root before putting it in soil?

like putting the seed in a glass of water for a day or two?>
Grasso View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Grasso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2007 at 00:50
Hello,

Farmer Mick gave good advice except for the second one. Whether or not one should dig up and/or exchange or enrich soil depends on many things. I do not know whether I learned it in school or when I strolled through the woods searching for treasures, but dealing with soil outdoors seems a rather easy intuitive thing to me. In contrary to that carrying big sacks of soil on bike and back through the landscape is not easy and attracts rippers and busters. Potting soil is meant for pots, that means for regular watering and no spoiling by mammals except for human beings.

A "sativa" (long-legged) plant is good for planting by a creek. Jamaican Pearl may be a bit too late, considering that Holland is warmed by the gulf stream while the north of Ontario becomes pretty cold soon in autumn. Toronto is surely nicer, being located at the Great Lakes at the latitude of Madrid.

All animals love young cannabis hence you must protect the seedlings. How do gardeners protect their plants in Ontario? Which predators occur there? Snails? Mice? Deer? ...

Plants growing at a creek might be washed away in a flood. Planting too high means they may have too few ground water. Planting too low means they may drown or disappear suddenly. Your turn!

Uli
 Post Reply Post Reply