Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Myths
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Hillbilly Skunk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hippymuso View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote hippymuso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hillbilly Skunk
    Posted: 26 October 2007 at 15:22

Over the years I have amassed a fair amount of literature on this subject. One article I have which I will find and put up if anyone's interested is an article on HILLBILLY SKUNK in a newspaper called HEMP.

According to this article SKUNK was developed in America. The powers that be gave a scientist some seed and told him to inject it with COLCHICINE (bad stuff). The purpose being to develop a strain on hooch with very low THC.

As we know, this had the opposite effect. How it got onto the market is another story lol.

But anyway, IMO, I think that skunk is dangerous.

I have observed many young smokers and seen a big difference in their personalities when they smoke SKUNK. Too stoned, paranoid and most times crook (Oz word for ill)

Whether or not there is COLCHICINE in skunk or not I don't know, but just want people to be aware of what they're smoking.

Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 15:43
What the heck is Colchinine?
Green-Thumb Growing
hippymuso View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote hippymuso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 15:55

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 17:14
Sorry, but this is just silly scaremongering.

There is no 'special bad stuff' in Skunk. Its qualities come from its breeding, not a chemical.

Even if a chemical was somehow involved breeding, there's no way that chemical is going to be passed onto offspring of the plant. Chemicals don't become part of genetic makeup!

The idea that there's something different or dangerous about Skunk is an invention of the British tabloids.

There are many agricultural uses for colchicine, but it's rare that the stuff is used on cannabis, AFAIK. It's discussed quite frequently in forums, but I doubt many people go to the trouble of using it, especially since results are unpredictable at best.

As the list of side effects indicates, colchicine is also prescribed to humans as medicine.

Printing this list of side-effects as if they're in any way related to smoking cannabis makes no sense, be it Skunk or any other strain.

I'm moving this thread to 'Myths'.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
hippymuso View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote hippymuso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 17:18

Ok boss, no worries, as I said IMO.

Sorry if I pissed you off, just reporting what I read in a mag.

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 17:32
No pissoffedness intended HM.

I just see it as a duty to debunk cannabis myths if possible. There's a lot of rumour among enthusiasts, and a lot of outright scaremongering by the mainstream media.

This one seems to have some connections to the old one about Durban Poison that I heard as a lad - that to make it, the breeders (or possibly mad scientists) soaked thousands of seeds in arsenic or some unnamed evil poison, and the survivors that managed to grow after this treatment were the strongest weed in the world! Only the weed was deadly poisonous for seven generations, and could only be smoked on the eighth, etc. etc. .

Sounds like a hellish amount of trouble, even if not utterly fantastical in reasoning. Quicker to breed a good strain by conventional means...
hippymuso View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote hippymuso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 17:35
TongueNo worries mate, great site btw.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 17:39
Cheers mate. Welcome to it!
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 18:06
Originally posted by hippymuso

I have observed many young smokers and seen a big difference in their personalities when they smoke SKUNK. Too stoned, paranoid and most times crook (Oz word for ill)

Ummmm... I think we've all been in that place at one stage or another.Thumbs%20Up
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 18:16
Hey, congrats on storming past 1000 posts, farmermick!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>