Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Harvest and Beyond
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

bugs on buds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
shane View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bugs on buds
    Posted: 06 November 2007 at 13:11

I must have transported several aphids on my branches when i hung them in the garage resulting in several buds being infested with clusters of the blighters and their white shed skins.

I was hoping they might drop off whilst the green was drying but no, they are sitting still :-) and staying put

should I just smoke em?
should I spend hours picking them of with a pinhead!?
should I try vacuuming the infected buds?!?!?
get that sun on it :-)
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2007 at 11:20
They'll probably lose interest as the plant dries more and more, and they're unable to eat it.

They may cluster at the top (ie the cut stem) of a hanging, drying plant (spider mites do this), in which case you can get most of them at once.

Otherwise, you could try laying down a large sheet of paper or dark plastic and gently tapping your plants on the sheet. This should dislodge a large number of pests, especially the weak and dead ones.
Using dark plastic will allow you to see if you're also tapping off valuable resin crystals at the same time (and to collect the resin if you are!)
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
 Post Reply Post Reply