Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Cultivation Problems
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

surviving the winter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
connery View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote connery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: surviving the winter
    Posted: 26 November 2007 at 18:04
I have some few plants  with many green leaves in the lower branches.  The top has been cutted out of course.  The question is: Is it possible for them to survive on the winter ?  They are in a greenhouse and in such an environment I believe the temperature never go below 0 .  I am wondering if it is possible to keep some plants till the next spring, or if their destiny is to dead anyway.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 15:04
Hard to be sure.

In terms of conditions (apart from day length), it's possible.

However, to regenerate a plant after harvest/maturity and return it to vegetative growth,
a bright 18hr light cycle is usually required.

The plants will probably react badly to the partial harvest and naturally shortening days (winter solstice being just under 4 weeks away).

It's possible they'll survive until the days start getting noticeably longer, but they may simply die.

Good luck!
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
 Post Reply Post Reply