Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DIY Bubbler Cloner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 22:14
I just ran the long browny roots under the tap, and most the brown colour came off.

If the cuttings wernt looking so healthy, id be convinced there is something wrong. I'm sure even water roots should be nice and white.
Green-Thumb Growing
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 22:36
ive seen brown roots on my mates cuttings, and when he puts them in his main hydro system they all go white again, i didnt see the colour of the water he had them in but now after looking at yours i would say he has a similar setup, i dont think he uses a bubbler like yours, but hes completely hydro so i would have thought it would have to be something similar to a bubbler.

BM weed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 23:08
They dont seem to dislike it whatever it is. I think it might be the trichoderma, as that is a living bacteria, that lives on the roots and protects from nasties.

I just stuck another two bluberry cuttings in the bubbler anyway, so i hope alls good.

Is blueberry a hard strain to clone or something? Because my soil cuttings are looking shite. And none of the others are.
Green-Thumb Growing
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 23:12
never tried it myself but ive read and heard quite a few times how hard blueberry is to grow, supposed to be very sensitive so probably yes to cloning too, maybe the bubbler will do them better.

BM weed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 23:40
The blueberry in the bubbler do look much better than the ones in soil cubes. Thats why i stuck the next two in the bubbler and not in cubes.

But the blueberry in the bubbler, still dont look that great. Nowhere near as healthy looking as the uk cheese.
Green-Thumb Growing
shane View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 01:09
do the roots smell bad at all? if so that could mean they are rotting?

just a guess coz I haven't actually grown hydro!
get that sun on it :-)
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 09:48
The darkness on the roots looked like algae to me.

You could try adding some dilute bleach to the water for a day or two.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 22:38
Where would i get dilute bleach Ganja? And how much should i add to 2 litres of water?

Also, will this algae kill my cuttings?
Green-Thumb Growing
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 10:23
Algae is unlikely to kill plants, but if there was any stage it could damage or compete with cannabis, then it would be when clones are rooting.

Dilute bleach yourself with water. Just use normal household bleach at a ratio of 1:50 with water (or 1:100 if you're nervous about using bleach on small plants).
So, about 20ml to 2lt.

Other ways to avoid unwanted growth in the water would be to avoid adding nutrient, and to make sure that the inside of the bubbler is always dark.

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 16:18
Right, thanks Ganja. Will do. I rinsed the roots under the tap, and most of that stuff came off.

I'll add a small drop of bleach now, to clear up any left over stuff. But as i say, it doesnt appear to be harming the plants, and they are remarkably tough.

They dont seem to at all stressed by being washed under a tap, and handled.

I took the heater out, as things seemed to have got worse since i out it in. Maybe they like the warmer temps.

On a totally random note. I could of sworn this thread was about 4 pages long last night, maybe 5. I must be going mad or some shit. LoL.

Green-Thumb Growing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>