Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DIY Bubbler Cloner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 16:25
I think a change happened to the forum in the last couple of hours that puts more posts per page. 
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 18:59
20ml of bleach seems like an awful lot to me for my small bubbler.

Also, i only have this lemon fragrance household bleach right now. Is that OK?

Are you sure 20ml wont harm my plants? I was thinking more like 1/2-1ml per litre. So maybe 2ml at most of bleach. But that seems allmost pointless given your advice.

Any more info on that?

Also, i think i am going to have to make a new, more light proof bubbler. Its not bad, but its certainly not light proof.

I'm going to get a drill a hole cutters, and a new tub, a do a more perfect model after this lot have been done.
Green-Thumb Growing
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 19:09
I wouldn't use lemon-scented.

If you're not worried about the algae, just wait until you light-proof the bubbler. The algae will die off as soon as it's denied light.

JFTR, plants aren't too bothered by bleach in low concentrations.  However, I understand your concern at dipping newly-emerged clone roots into a bleach solution. Lack of light is a completely safe way to kill algae.

Also, I think your root growth might radically improve if you make the lower section as dark as possible.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 19:42
Thanks Ganja. I will do with my new one.

There we are folks. Make sure you light proof your bubbler well, or you could end up with unwanted visitors.

I'm not sure how much i will use the bubbler now though, as my cheese are rooting in under 2 weeks using powder and gel, instead of just gel. The ones with only gel used are at about week 5, and only 1 has rooted. They all look hea;thy though.

I want to start growing in coco, rather than a pure hydro setup, as it seems a bit easier. I just need to get an EC stick, and PH pen, and some coco nutes, and i'll be off.

Green-Thumb Growing
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2008 at 15:40
Bubbler is working a treat now. Sorted out all the light leaks, and havnt lost a cutting in it yet.

My blueberry wouldnt root in soil, but roots lovely in the bubbler. Just stuck another 4 BB in, another 3 uk cheese, and another 3 bbcheese for a friend. I'll add some skunk#1 cuts soon too.

Honestly, everyone who wants to clone should make one of these bubblers. They are so easy to make, and work so well.

Also, due to my own testing of it now, i can tell you, you dont need a heater at all, aslongas the bubbler is inside, which is the most expensive part of the whole set up.

Everything can now be bought for about £15.

Also, you dont need any speicial nutes or anything. I dont use any nutes in my bubbler at all now, and it works better. Just use plain water, ph'd to 5.5-6.0, and thats it.

I would really recommend this for people who are having trouble rooting in soil or rockwool. It isnt hard, and you will have it down to a fine art in a month. And i can help you with any questions you need answered.
Green-Thumb Growing
shane View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2008 at 20:05

really interesting Solid and so effective

I can see me constructing a bubbler

even my crappy diy skills should manage this :-)
get that sun on it :-)
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2008 at 20:24
I am a total moron when it comes to DIY, but even i found this easy, so you will certainly be able to do it.

Just grab yourself an aquarium pump, air tubing, a sandwich tub, and a kneeling pad for gardening, and an air stone. Thats it.

Green-Thumb Growing
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2008 at 02:26
Bump for peopleinterested in cloning.

I've totally moved over to cloning this way now. And have finished cloning in root riots/rockwool. Things happen so much faster in the bubbler, and the fatality fate is zero.

Strains you cant root in soil for love nor money, will root in this in days. Its incredible.

I've got blueberry, which wouldnt root in soil at all, once for me, rooting in 7 days, big buddha cheese rooting in 2 days! and uk cheese rooting in 6 days.

Dont know what it is with the bbcheese.Easiest strain to clone ive ever come across. Even in soil it was quite fast, but still took 12 days.
Green-Thumb Growing
cashcrop View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote cashcrop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2009 at 02:14
hi solidopc

good luck with future clones dude.  i will try one of these when i get round to sortin more space for my cuts. good info tho dude%3chumbs%20Up
To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Bonniesicker View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Bonniesicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2010 at 23:50
Under what wattage of lights do you place the cuttings?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>