Cannabis Forum > Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum > Politics & Law
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Marihuana smells

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Hello1968 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Hello1968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marihuana smells
    Posted: 10 April 2005 at 09:09

Hello I´m new here and I would like to know how I can keep my air indoor and outdoor clean. I do not want that someone knows what I´m doing in my flat.

How can I filter the air ? 

nl5haze View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote nl5haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 13:01

High there,

Welcome. There are many ways to get rid of the nice aroma of weed....

In the online shop you can find air cleaning systems

http://www.sensiseeds.com/ml/shop.asp?MainLev=2&SubLev=9

This system works with a odor neutralizer check it out it

For more info on how to grow your own, visit the FAQ @

http://www.sensiseeds.com/ml/shop.asp?MainLev=9&nfoMainLev=5

Sensi Borneo Diving Resort & Tours

Dive adventures in Sabah Malaysian Borneo
doctor dolittle View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote doctor dolittle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2005 at 12:51
I use a carbon granual filter for exhausting and they are excellent at getting rid of odour
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 11:40

Air Ionisers are good for cleaning the air in a hygenic sense - for removing bacteria and spores - but I'm not sure if an ioniser will be able to combat powerful smells.

Systems specifically designed to take care of odours are those mentioned above:

Odour Neutralisers - As used in hospitals. These take the form of cartridges or strips which release an organically derived vapour. The vapour combines with molecules of unwanted odour - cannabis f'rinstance - in the air. The effect of this combination is to neutralise the odour of both the cannabis and the vapour. These come in a few designs - ambient, fan powered, plus models designed to fit in the air-extraction duct of a grow room and treat all the air that passes through. All models need to be replaced periodically, after they release all their vapour (usually 30 t0 60 days).

Carbon Filters -  micro-fine filters for catching all solid particles in the air. These are usually attached to the fans that extract air from a grow room. Filters need to be changed periodically.

Ozone Generators - these use UV to generate ozone (O3), which has a similar odour neutralising effect as the vapour systems mentioned above. These are usually quite expensive units, which are more intended for large-scale growers. There is some danger involved in excessive build-up of O3 (i.e. -  if it fills a room, and you then try to breathe in that room), as well as potential danger from the UV radiation used in the unit. On the plus side, these units generate their own odour-neutraliser, instead of using replaceable cartridges like the vapour systems.

Edited by Ganja
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
 Post Reply Post Reply