Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Nutrient, Fertiliser and pH
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

a ph question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mike View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a ph question
    Posted: 18 February 2008 at 03:46
i am useing peat moss perlite and vermiculite and was wandering if anybody knows the correct ph i should shoot for this will be my 9th grow with this same kind of soil i have tried a few differant ph's but still fill as if the ph isn't quit right some plants do graet while others seem to just not quit reach where they should any thoughts ganja
help my plant's fell over and can't stand up
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2008 at 03:55
I've heard that peat has quite a high ph, that might be the source of your problem. Do you ph your feed water aswell?

Here is a chart you might find useful. It shows at what ph  the nutrients cannabis needs, get locked out. For soil, the perfect ph is 6.5. Hydro 5.8.

Green-Thumb Growing
mike View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2008 at 06:28
see thats not what i'm sure of some people have told me peat is considered a soilless medium and needs a lower ph not sure of what ph i used to use when i first started but i used b.c nute the 3 part thing grow micro bloom that had a sheat you just mixed at x amount per gallon of of micro and y amount of bloom or grow but i seemed to have better yeilds when useing it then when useing fox farms for soil
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2008 at 20:56
Hmm, yea, i've no idea if you feed peat ay a hydro ph. I know it has a high ph, so it might not be that bad. Sorry i cant help further, i have no experience with your medium.
Green-Thumb Growing
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 01:36
I think pH 6.0 to 6.3  is probably fine, but I'm not an expert on soilless mediums.

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
blackmore View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote blackmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 13:48
im using a peatmoss substrate in this years grow. (i made a mistake by not buffering it with lime)
The pH will get more and more acidic over time. you should compensate if you have the chance to.
ive been able to get my pH to settle at 6 after watering with pH 7.5 water.

mike View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 17:49
i must of added to much lime cuase mine sticks to 7.0 like glue i've tried adding phed water as low as 4.0 then rechecked the soil and its always 7.0 i use the complete soil test kits that check ph and how much n p k there is in the soil but i figure thats why my buds get bigger useing the b.c. nutes cuase there made for hydro where as the fox farms i used were made for soil i didn't check befor i bought them
mike View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 17:53
Originally posted by Ganja

I think pH 6.0 to 6.3  is probably fine, but I'm not an expert on soilless mediums.

thats about what everybody seems to say ganga sometime a lil lower in ph useuly anywhere from 5.8 to abround 6.5 with most saying 6.3 is the best
 Post Reply Post Reply