Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Poor Conditions can slow down flowering.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2008 at 12:22
Originally posted by sarah louise

Have you read any of what Ivan Illich had to say about what education had become in the modern world? If not get a hold of Deschooling Society. I think you will enjoy it.

Actually, I only just discovered who Ivan Illich is (having read one of his comments on stigmata)..

It shames me to say that I though you were referring to Vladimir Illich Ulyanov, which is why I thought of public education being a way to train the factory workers of the future.

A little education is a dangerous thing...

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2008 at 15:07
the soc major at the uni has a double in sociology of education and sociology of work. So when ever I work with an arts student i get a dose of ivan illich.

education is a funny thing,  i've been exposed to c wright mills as a classical sociologist repeatedly over 20 years, but it was only 4 weeks ago  that i realised he was a marxist. i'd always written him off as a functionalist and never really bothered with reading more than was required. silly me, he is really quite interesting.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
cashcrop View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote cashcrop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2008 at 16:34
the BRITISH EDUCATION is the best in the world and its a shame that all of you SEEKERS take the piss outa our schools and all of the wellfair that the government have to offer.  its you lot wot take the piss not us .
To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2008 at 17:01
STOP BEING A TWAT CASHCROP

WE WERE TALKING ABOUT AUSTRALIA
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
bigbazzer View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote bigbazzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2008 at 17:07
 Alright chaps, i went to a english school , and iam thick as to short planks , but when it comes to growing things my fingers turn green. so it does not matter wot school u went to  everybody  in ere is good at something . see u latter bigbazzer .
have a nice day
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2008 at 11:47
What are SEEKERS?

Sickos?
Seppos?
Psychos?
JackFlacket View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote JackFlacket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2008 at 16:21

seekers, yeah, hmm...

perhaps an old navy term as in: put yer backs into it ye scurvy dogs (sea curs)

could also be a nod to William Seek 1797-1844 first englishman to standardise urine testing
more likely a dismissive reference to one who searches unsucessfully - gold digger as opposed to gold finder

what means this "piss" being taken from the schools & welfare?  The juice?  the CHI?  fruits of the labor?  life force?
Ying%20Yang
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2008 at 16:34
I like "SEA-CURS!" very much. Thank you.

Avast!
shane View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2008 at 21:09
Originally posted by Ganja

What are SEEKERS?

Sickos?
Seppos?
Psychos?
:-) and I thought I was up on my lingo lol

wtf is a seppo? :-)
get that sun on it :-)
Nemo View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Nemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2008 at 22:13
Originally posted by cashcrop

the BRITISH EDUCATION is the best in the world and its a shame that all of you SEEKERS take the piss outa our schools and all of the wellfair that the government have to offer.  its you lot wot take the piss not us .

Okay, okay, best in the world, right.

As a product of it myself I feel compelled to point out that it doesn't appear to have managed to teach you how to spell "welfare", "what" or the difference between "its" and "it's". Don't get me wrong I don't normally care about anal spelling and grammar, but what you've done there is a bit like saying that video games don't cause violence while bludgeoning someone to death with a PS3 controller.

I assume "seekers" is as in "jobseekers" (since unemployment benefit was retitled as jobseekers allowance) i.e the unemployed, or "dole scroungers" as certain people would probably put it. Although I do like sea curs. Arr.

EDIT, Shane, I had to look it up myself but here you go:

Seppo - Derogertory word used by the English and Australians for all American nationals. Derived from Rhyming slang (Septic Tank = Yank)
Sensi's collection of Indoor Cannabis Seeds

No Turn Unstoned
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>