Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Poor Conditions can slow down flowering.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2012 at 16:25
Not usually. If anything, a constant gentle breeze should strengthen stems.

Seedlings shouldn't be blown over or waving violently back and forth, of cours,e but a constant gentle motion is good for them.

Seedlings often seem to be growing with glacial slowness in the early weeks. Don't worry too much about this. Make sure conditions - especially lights, air movement and watering  - are at the correct levels, and veg growth should accelerate rapidly as seedlings grow more, larger leaves.

One caveat - in warmer rooms and at lower humidity, fans on higher settings can cause 'wind burn', specially if the are not set to oscillate. If certain leaves are constantly in the path of the breeze, it can strip the water from their surface, and they can become frazzled, dessicated or acquire a burned look.

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Helpme View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Helpme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2012 at 22:37
Originally posted by Ganja

Not usually. If anything, a constant gentle breeze should strengthen stems.

Seedlings shouldn't be blown over or waving violently back and forth, of cours,e but a constant gentle motion is good for them.

Seedlings often seem to be growing with glacial slowness in the early weeks. Don't worry too much about this. Make sure conditions - especially lights, air movement and watering  - are at the correct levels, and veg growth should accelerate rapidly as seedlings grow more, larger leaves.

One caveat - in warmer rooms and at lower humidity, fans on higher settings can cause 'wind burn', specially if the are not set to oscillate. If certain leaves are constantly in the path of the breeze, it can strip the water from their surface, and they can become frazzled, dessicated or acquire a burned look.

Well, i'm having really slow growth of some other reason then. The growth has been going a bunch.. Else plants are fine so thats why I asked- the thing is pretty weird..

I think it coud be beacuse the roots wont get enough oxygen.. who knows.. But i'm to sketchy/ careful not to water in 2 days.. I think i'll give it a try..

Thanks for comment! New information, never heard of such as wind burn..
gron93 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote gron93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2012 at 13:36
hi ganja i have got small problem can you help my plant was lovely and green last night got up 2 day and the leafs are all turnd up and going bit yellow have you got any ider how 2 sort it iv got 400 hps and 200 watt led blue spec got a extractor wich attach to light at 1 sied all joind up with a carbonfilter wich joind to extract fan at out tekefan and got mylar all round my room its 3 foot long by 2 foot wide by 6 foot high and my plant is in byio mix soil in 7 leter pot can you help???? thanks barry????
marty12345 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote marty12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 10:50
Hi guys, just a quick question now it coming into summer the heat in grow room is getting hotter and my yealds are getting smaller due to heat stress, What is the best temp to keep flowering at in a grow room. i have fans and all that on the go is 27c the best temp ??????. cheers guys....%3co%20high 
marty12345 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote marty12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 10:55
Hi guys, just a quick question the temps in my grow room are getting hotter and hotter due to summer coming and its causing heat stress and smaller yelds i have fans and all that i just want to know what is best temps for flowering stage in a grow room.. cheers

breizh ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote breizh ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 09:18
23 celsius degrees to 26 is the top !
Rémi Gaillard...take a look !
COLLIE77 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote COLLIE77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2012 at 17:15
Originally posted by bennybjc

this thread make no sense to me both those plants are in the same pot and are grown under the same light therefore having the same conditions all it is showing is that the bigger plant had a better start to life and it is closer to the light thus having the more mature bigger buds on it? I know having poor conditions slows down flowering but if there were poor conditions here dont you think both plants would be showing the same signs of slow maturation?? so realy you are just stating the obvious? all parts of the plant that dont receive as much light as the other parts mature slower...... 
COLLIE77 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote COLLIE77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2012 at 17:19
Originally posted by bennybjc

this thread make no sense to me both those plants are in the same pot and are grown under the same light therefore having the same conditions all it is showing is that the bigger plant had a better start to life and it is closer to the light thus having the more mature bigger buds on it? I know having poor conditions slows down flowering but if there were poor conditions here dont you think both plants would be showing the same signs of slow maturation?? so realy you are just stating the obvious? all parts of the plant that dont receive as much light as the other parts mature slower...... 
LMFAO TY GENIUS think before you speak comes to mind
COLLIE77 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote COLLIE77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2012 at 17:22
sry nt spamming crazy moment with my mouse
COLLIE77 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote COLLIE77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2012 at 17:23
Originally posted by sarah louise

Ganja, I blame public education... experimental method is not part of the general science curriculum and you aren't allowed to beat them when they are being twats.

Zinc might help.

LOL so true
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>