Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Systems - Setups, Equipment, Mediums
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Pot size

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
shane View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pot size
    Posted: 04 March 2008 at 23:31
for those of you that have read my posts, u will know I'm starting a cfl grow in a wardrobe

I'm trying to source square pots so I can grow 4 plants nicely together but the largest sized square pots I can find online are 23cm square pots which are 26cm deep

they hold 11l of compost

would that be enough to flower medium sized plants?

when I grow in the greenhouse I go for the largest size pots I can get my hands on, possibly holding 20l + of compost 
get that sun on it :-)
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 00:01
I am flowering most of my current plants in square 12 litre pots. It is big enough for them, but.....i have a cheese cutting in a much larger near 20 litre pot, and it is a much bushier, allrpund bigger plant.

So you can grow them in the 12 litres fine. But the bigger the pot, the bigger the plant it seems.
Green-Thumb Growing
blackmore View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote blackmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 08:20
ya youll be fine.

like solid said, The plants will be smaller. The pot size vs plant size theory holds true, in my opinion.
I add neem oil to my feed for the smaller pots once a month to prevent rot, fungus etc since the smaller pots are more susceptible to such.
shane View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 18:32
cool, cheers guys
I was thinking that would be the case but wanted to check with you guys who have actually done it :-0

don't need the plants getting too big as its only a closet space!
get that sun on it :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply